We need facilities for recycling – not just publicity
SO Councillor F John Smith thinks that the public needs to be educated into thinking that a saving of £300,000 on cutting rubbish collections to once a fortnight with the consequent unhygienic smells and increase in rats and maggots will be all right, pro
SO Councillor F John Smith thinks that the public needs to be educated into thinking that a saving of £300,000 on cutting rubbish collections to once a fortnight with the consequent unhygienic smells and increase in rats and maggots will be all right, providing the council with £200,000 on a publicity campaign to encourage recycling.
The public already recycle as much as the district council provide facilities for so doing.
However, no facilities are provided for recycling plastic in the area, and in Ashwell we have just two bins for recycling cans - at the local garage on the edge of the village.
Come on councillors. Give us the tools to do the job we know must be done.
You may also want to watch:
We can't do it if you waste our money on preaching to the converted.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden
I SHOULD like to express my relief, delight and pleasure that the Royston Area Committee of the North Herts District Council still considers the recycling of plastics and cans of sufficient ecological importance for it to proceed next year with a campaign of public awareness and kerb-side collection of these items.