We must get the hang of Christmas decorations
I d just like to make an observation regards the town s Christmas decorations. For a number of people, the Cross is where first impressions of the town are made, and while the lights in the trees are nice, I feel the Christmas tree itself looks shabby an
I'd just like to make an observation regards the town's Christmas decorations.
For a number of people, the Cross is where first impressions of the town are made, and while the lights in the trees are nice, I feel the Christmas tree itself looks shabby and the lights on it poor, almost to the point that it's difficult to tell if it has any on it.
And as for the High Street decorations? Well... absolutely pathetic.
Certainly some of the shops themselves are making an effort but it should be much more than just this.
As an analogy, Royston should be very much like a Christmas present - the content is more important than the packaging, but it is the packaging which initially catches the eye and draws you in.
Especially though, at this time of year I feel this is an area where yet again Royston lets itself down, even more so when compared to other towns of similar size.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 5 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 6 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 7 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 8 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
Christmas should be a time of celebration, though walking down the High Street, it's more like a morgue.
Everyone I talk to wants Royston to succeed, as I'm sure do the powers that run this town.
However, it seems that they shoot themselves in the foot at every turn, and not just in relation to the lights.
Please, take a look around at other towns and learn how to do it properly, then we will all benefit.
Name and Address