We must get the hang of Christmas decorations
I d just like to make an observation regards the town s Christmas decorations. For a number of people, the Cross is where first impressions of the town are made, and while the lights in the trees are nice, I feel the Christmas tree itself looks shabby an
I'd just like to make an observation regards the town's Christmas decorations.
For a number of people, the Cross is where first impressions of the town are made, and while the lights in the trees are nice, I feel the Christmas tree itself looks shabby and the lights on it poor, almost to the point that it's difficult to tell if it has any on it.
And as for the High Street decorations? Well... absolutely pathetic.
Certainly some of the shops themselves are making an effort but it should be much more than just this.
You may also want to watch:
As an analogy, Royston should be very much like a Christmas present - the content is more important than the packaging, but it is the packaging which initially catches the eye and draws you in.
Especially though, at this time of year I feel this is an area where yet again Royston lets itself down, even more so when compared to other towns of similar size.
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 3 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 4 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
Christmas should be a time of celebration, though walking down the High Street, it's more like a morgue.
Everyone I talk to wants Royston to succeed, as I'm sure do the powers that run this town.
However, it seems that they shoot themselves in the foot at every turn, and not just in relation to the lights.
Please, take a look around at other towns and learn how to do it properly, then we will all benefit.
Name and Address