We must get the hang of Christmas decorations
I d just like to make an observation regards the town s Christmas decorations. For a number of people, the Cross is where first impressions of the town are made, and while the lights in the trees are nice, I feel the Christmas tree itself looks shabby an
I'd just like to make an observation regards the town's Christmas decorations.
For a number of people, the Cross is where first impressions of the town are made, and while the lights in the trees are nice, I feel the Christmas tree itself looks shabby and the lights on it poor, almost to the point that it's difficult to tell if it has any on it.
And as for the High Street decorations? Well... absolutely pathetic.
Certainly some of the shops themselves are making an effort but it should be much more than just this.
You may also want to watch:
As an analogy, Royston should be very much like a Christmas present - the content is more important than the packaging, but it is the packaging which initially catches the eye and draws you in.
Especially though, at this time of year I feel this is an area where yet again Royston lets itself down, even more so when compared to other towns of similar size.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
Christmas should be a time of celebration, though walking down the High Street, it's more like a morgue.
Everyone I talk to wants Royston to succeed, as I'm sure do the powers that run this town.
However, it seems that they shoot themselves in the foot at every turn, and not just in relation to the lights.
Please, take a look around at other towns and learn how to do it properly, then we will all benefit.
Name and Address