We must deal with Jurassic parkers
IT S beyond my comprehension why parking restrictions were imposed in Newmarket Road apart from perhaps tidiness. Since then, the itinerant drivers who are reluctant to pay £2.50 per day to park at the Town Hall have set up camp in Garden Walk. This is c
IT'S beyond my comprehension why parking restrictions were imposed in Newmarket Road apart from perhaps tidiness.
Since then, the itinerant drivers who are reluctant to pay £2.50 per day to park at the Town Hall have set up camp in Garden Walk.
This is causing almost daily gridlock in Garden Walk, and it's becoming difficult for the parents of those poor children who cannot walk and must be ferried to school.
As a result, it's rumoured that as soon as there is enough in the kitty to buy a tin of yellow paint, Garden Walk is going to be subject to a complex system of "tidal parking", combined with a "no right turn" exit, plus for good measure a set of "speed bumps", to accompany the present chicane at the Brownie Hut.
You may also want to watch:
This is hardly the way forward. The implementation will be costly and ongoing, and enforcement burdensome, as well as being a nightmare for the locals of Garden Walk, some of whom do not have any off-street parking.
I can sympathise with drivers who use Garden Walk as an all-day car park, but not much, as when they are finally moved on from Garden Walk no doubt some other road in Royston will then have to bear the consequences.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Perhaps a season ticket scheme is the answer to entice these "Jurassic parkers" back to the rarely used civic centre car park, but somehow I doubt it.
Garden Walk Royston