We’d like to read that letter
I would like to comment concerning Councillor Richard Thake and the Johnson Matthey building currently under construction. I feel that councillor Thake has been very offensive with comments made in your paper. My wife and I two years ago were deciding w
I would like to comment concerning Councillor Richard Thake and the Johnson Matthey building currently under construction.
I feel that councillor Thake has been very offensive with comments made in your paper.
My wife and I two years ago were deciding whether to sell or invest in our property in Orchard Way.
We decided to stay and invested many thousands of pounds in our home.
You may also want to watch:
When we approached our property we were very proud of its appearance and the investment we had made.
This huge building towering over the houses has changed that.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden
The investment we had made has been undermined, and the increased value of our property has been wiped off in a matter of months, thanks to the building.
Councillor Thake admits that only a handful of residents received a letter regarding the development.
That in itself is wrong, when it affects so many people in the street because of the sheer size.
Would Councillor Thake be so kind as to forward to your letters page a copy of the letter that was sent to the handful of properties that he felt could be affected by the development, so I and others can read it?