We’d like to read that letter
I would like to comment concerning Councillor Richard Thake and the Johnson Matthey building currently under construction. I feel that councillor Thake has been very offensive with comments made in your paper. My wife and I two years ago were deciding w
I would like to comment concerning Councillor Richard Thake and the Johnson Matthey building currently under construction.
I feel that councillor Thake has been very offensive with comments made in your paper.
My wife and I two years ago were deciding whether to sell or invest in our property in Orchard Way.
We decided to stay and invested many thousands of pounds in our home.
You may also want to watch:
When we approached our property we were very proud of its appearance and the investment we had made.
This huge building towering over the houses has changed that.
- 1 Lorry driver's dismay as 'booming' station announcements keep him awake after night work
- 2 Young archaeologist Jake's delight at historic heath find
- 3 Adopt a street and keep it clean by joining Royston Wombles scheme
- 4 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 5 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 6 Royston Cricket Club gearing up for a very busy season
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 Arts Society's members' exhibition set to be 'biggest online show yet'
- 9 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 10 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
The investment we had made has been undermined, and the increased value of our property has been wiped off in a matter of months, thanks to the building.
Councillor Thake admits that only a handful of residents received a letter regarding the development.
That in itself is wrong, when it affects so many people in the street because of the sheer size.
Would Councillor Thake be so kind as to forward to your letters page a copy of the letter that was sent to the handful of properties that he felt could be affected by the development, so I and others can read it?