Vital to support Royston First bid
With the publication of the prospectus and issue of ballot papers for the Royston First Bid, I would like to confirm the town council s full backing for Royston First. The town council has always been fully behind the town centre forum, of which it is a
With the publication of the prospectus and issue of ballot papers for the Royston First Bid, I would like to confirm the town council's full backing for Royston First.
The town council has always been fully behind the town centre forum, of which it is a major funder, and the bid process.
We believe that the bid offers a wonderful opportunity for Royston's business community to show their support for a thriving and prosperous town.
As business ratepayers, the town council fully supports the bid and will be voting in favour.
You may also want to watch:
While we appreciate the current state of the economy presents a challenge to many businesses, we believe that the benefits the bid process will make to the future of Royston makes a yes vote essential.
The town council is fully committed to improving the prosperity of the town centre. The farmers and speciality markets have been a success, and having recently taken responsibility for the management of the Wednesday and Saturday markets, we aim to develop the markets as a key part of the attractions of the town centre, so that it becomes once again the preferred shopping destination in Royston.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
Royston has much to offer, and with the additional funding from the Royston First initiative, the town centre can once again become thriving and prosperous, but it does require the support of local businesses and your vote to support the initiative.
All your votes are important, please support Royston and vote YES to the bid and Royston First.
Councillor Lynn Berry
Leader, Royston Town Council