Ingredients 2 tbsps olive oil 2 onions, sliced 400g tin tomatoes 1 tbsps paprika 1 tbsp flour 1 tsp tomato puree 250g (1/2lb) each cauliflower, courgettes, carrots and new potatoes 1 yellow pepper, deseeded 150ml yoghurt or sour cream 1/4 tsp cayenne pepp
2 tbsps olive oil
2 onions, sliced
400g tin tomatoes
You may also want to watch:
1 tbsps paprika
1 tbsp flour
- 1 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 2 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 3 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 4 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 5 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 6 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 7 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 8 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 9 'Utterly extraordinary' says Lib Dem leader of disgraced deputy leader's criticisms
- 10 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown
1 tsp tomato puree
250g (1/2lb) each cauliflower, courgettes, carrots and new potatoes
1 yellow pepper, deseeded
150ml yoghurt or sour cream
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and black pepper
WASH the vegetables, peel the carrots and potatoes if necessary, cut into chunks.
Slice the pepper into strips.
Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole, fry the onions until soft.
Add the flour, paprika and cayenne pepper. Stir well and add the tinned tomatoes, together with 1/2 pint of hot water and the tomato puree.
Bring to the boil, stirring, then add the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, cover and turn the heat low.
Simmer gently for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are only just soft.
Stir in the sour cream or yoghurt and sprinkle with a little more paprika before serving.
Enough for four with rice or pasta.