Ingredients 2 tbsps olive oil 2 onions, sliced 400g tin tomatoes 1 tbsps paprika 1 tbsp flour 1 tsp tomato puree 250g (1/2lb) each cauliflower, courgettes, carrots and new potatoes 1 yellow pepper, deseeded 150ml yoghurt or sour cream 1/4 tsp cayenne pepp
2 tbsps olive oil
2 onions, sliced
400g tin tomatoes
1 tbsps paprika
1 tbsp flour
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 3 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 5 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 8 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
1 tsp tomato puree
250g (1/2lb) each cauliflower, courgettes, carrots and new potatoes
1 yellow pepper, deseeded
150ml yoghurt or sour cream
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and black pepper
WASH the vegetables, peel the carrots and potatoes if necessary, cut into chunks.
Slice the pepper into strips.
Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole, fry the onions until soft.
Add the flour, paprika and cayenne pepper. Stir well and add the tinned tomatoes, together with 1/2 pint of hot water and the tomato puree.
Bring to the boil, stirring, then add the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, cover and turn the heat low.
Simmer gently for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are only just soft.
Stir in the sour cream or yoghurt and sprinkle with a little more paprika before serving.
Enough for four with rice or pasta.