Ingredients 2 tbsps olive oil 2 onions, sliced 400g tin tomatoes 1 tbsps paprika 1 tbsp flour 1 tsp tomato puree 250g (1/2lb) each cauliflower, courgettes, carrots and new potatoes 1 yellow pepper, deseeded 150ml yoghurt or sour cream 1/4 tsp cayenne pepp
2 tbsps olive oil
2 onions, sliced
400g tin tomatoes
1 tbsps paprika
1 tbsp flour
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
1 tsp tomato puree
250g (1/2lb) each cauliflower, courgettes, carrots and new potatoes
1 yellow pepper, deseeded
150ml yoghurt or sour cream
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and black pepper
WASH the vegetables, peel the carrots and potatoes if necessary, cut into chunks.
Slice the pepper into strips.
Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole, fry the onions until soft.
Add the flour, paprika and cayenne pepper. Stir well and add the tinned tomatoes, together with 1/2 pint of hot water and the tomato puree.
Bring to the boil, stirring, then add the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, cover and turn the heat low.
Simmer gently for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are only just soft.
Stir in the sour cream or yoghurt and sprinkle with a little more paprika before serving.
Enough for four with rice or pasta.