Upset by heartless theft
I refer to the theft of another charity box, this time from Standen s farm shop in Kneesworth. The collection box and its contents were the property of the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal, and were stolen from the farm shop along with other goods. The
I refer to the theft of another charity box, this time from Standen's farm shop in Kneesworth.
The collection box and its contents were the property of the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal, and were stolen from the farm shop along with other goods.
The shop is owned by Brenda Standen, a loyal and keen supporter of the Poppy Appeal, who was, needless to say, very upset by this heartless theft.
I am the Poppy Appeal organiser for Melbourn, Kneesworth, Litlington and Abington Piggots, so you can understand my disgust and feelings towards the perpetrator.
You may also want to watch:
On a happier note, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their continued support and generosity towards the Poppy Appeal.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
Chairman and Secretary
Royal British Legion, Melbourn Meldreth and District Branch