Understanding the public’s apathy
READING The Crow, I am becoming depressed about the future of Royston. We are all aware of the heavy Council Tax that we have to pay. What are we getting back? It has been said that we are subsidising Letchworth and Baldock to our detriment. I feel that
READING The Crow, I am becoming depressed about the future of Royston.
We are all aware of the heavy Council Tax that we have to pay. What are we getting back? It has been said that we are subsidising Letchworth and Baldock to our detriment.
I feel that the atmosphere in this once lively town is getting very negative. It is losing its character and becoming a dormitory suburb. I am wondering what this town will hold for the young people in the future.
I would imagine that they will go elsewhere. I will express the opinion that the older generation are keeping this town on its feet. But in another 20 years who knows?
We are getting a lot less for the money we pay.
- Car parking is expensive. Sideroads are used. The car park is half empty. The council loses cash.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 3 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 5 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 6 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 7 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 8 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- Allotments are threatened.
- The cinema has disappeared.
Can't we have a community centre with entertainment facilities?
- The bus service is threatened.
- The market is threatened.
- Looking down the High Street its totally lost its character.
I do feel that councillors don't carry a lot of clout. They have their meetings and talk a lot, but nothing positive happens. The public is understandably very apathetic.