Underpass will upset the status quo
In reply to the letter in last week s Crow from Carlo Zambonini, who seems to be our self styled expert on everything in Royston, the people from Echo Hill are quite right to voice an opinion on how rate payers money is spent, or wasted. A lot of Royston
In reply to the letter in last week's Crow from Carlo Zambonini, who seems to be our self styled expert on everything in Royston, the people from Echo Hill are quite right to voice an opinion on how rate payers money is spent, or wasted. A lot of Royston people consider the �3.7million subway scheme to be a waste and that the money could be put to better use. The bulk of it is Highways money and can be diverted to other, much needed, schemes in Royston which would benefit the whole town, not just a few people. The �3.7million is a vast sum of money for a small North Herts market town; Mr Zambonini should speak to people this end of the town, then he would realise a lot of people don't want a crossing. Maybe, instead of him gleefully declaring "we have �3.7million in the budget, lets spend it on a hole in the ground", he could put his obvious letter writing talents to more pressing issues, such as the loss of bus services, the state of our roads and pavements, the state of the town centre, etc etc.
I wonder how upset he would be if a large chunk of his garden was taken to facilitate this scheme, or if his garden was unusable for 12 months, the time we are told it will take to build the subway.
Myself and many others are very happy for the town to stay in two distinct neighbourhoods, connected only by the existing railway bridge.
This part of the town is a quiet, unaffected part of Royston, but this will change if this ill conceived scheme goes ahead.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 4 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 In pictures: 'Amazing' Paloma Faith wows fans as Newmarket Nights season starts with a bang