Twinned with Tesco?
I WAS living in Princes Mews when the car parking charges were introduced. The Somerfield car park (then Gateway) was previously about a quarter full at 8am during the week (office and shop workers would be my guess), then after the charges were introduc
I WAS living in Princes Mews when the car parking charges were introduced.
The Somerfield car park (then Gateway) was previously about a quarter full at 8am during the week (office and shop workers would be my guess), then after the charges were introduced there was just a handful of cars there.
The charges had the effect of leaving more spaces for the shoppers, which, of course, is a good thing.
Would it not be possible for a one or two-month experiment to see what would happen again if the car park was free?
You may also want to watch:
My guess is that it would now be half-full of shop and office workers again, so something has to deter those who want to park there all day.
If the scheme of refunding the parking charge from the shops was made wider through out the town that would help enormously.
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 3 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 4 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
This is a question for North Herts District Council...Why do you not impose a parking charge on Tesco shoppers? You nod through everything it asks for? Give something back to Royston.
Tesco was not going to have a fuel station, not going to have a pharmacist, not going to sell clothes.
Alternatively why not close every shop and
business in Royston, pull the buildings down and build yet more unsightly flats everywhere and rely on Tesco for everything.
I can see the town sign now as you enter -
Royston twinned with Tesco.