Time for us all to show we really care
This is an edited version of a letter sent to Royston Town Council, calling on recognition for the troops serving with the Royal Anglian Regiment who have seen duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. THE Royal Anglian Regiment has been recognised for their service
This is an edited version of a letter sent to Royston Town Council, calling on recognition for the troops serving with the Royal Anglian Regiment who have seen duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.
THE Royal Anglian Regiment has been recognised for their service to our country by Norwich, Bury St Edmunds, Great Yarmouth, and Southend-on-Sea, by being given the freedom of these cities and towns.
I would like to ask that due to Royston's close association with the regiment, that we as a town extend the same privilege to these brave men and women.
At the same time we extend our deepest sympathy to the families and comrades of the nine in their ranks who lost their lives serving the country.
I hope Royston Town Council would take the same view as myself, that such recognition would send a clear message to our Armed Forces still serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.
We could show that they are not forgotten by us at home, and that we care very much, and we fear for their safety.
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 6 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 7 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
They have our utmost respect for the job they do for Queen and country.
Royal British Legion