Time for us all to show we really care
This is an edited version of a letter sent to Royston Town Council, calling on recognition for the troops serving with the Royal Anglian Regiment who have seen duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. THE Royal Anglian Regiment has been recognised for their service
This is an edited version of a letter sent to Royston Town Council, calling on recognition for the troops serving with the Royal Anglian Regiment who have seen duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.
THE Royal Anglian Regiment has been recognised for their service to our country by Norwich, Bury St Edmunds, Great Yarmouth, and Southend-on-Sea, by being given the freedom of these cities and towns.
I would like to ask that due to Royston's close association with the regiment, that we as a town extend the same privilege to these brave men and women.
At the same time we extend our deepest sympathy to the families and comrades of the nine in their ranks who lost their lives serving the country.
You may also want to watch:
I hope Royston Town Council would take the same view as myself, that such recognition would send a clear message to our Armed Forces still serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.
We could show that they are not forgotten by us at home, and that we care very much, and we fear for their safety.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 7 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 8 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
They have our utmost respect for the job they do for Queen and country.
Royal British Legion