This act of vandalism has become last straw
AS a concerned resident, I was disgusted and extremely annoyed yet again to hear that my daughter had returned to her car to find someone had reversed into it while parked and damaged the front of the car causing £200 damage. The courteous thing would ha
AS a concerned resident, I was disgusted and extremely annoyed yet again to hear that my daughter had returned to her car to find someone had reversed into it while parked and damaged the front of the car causing £200 damage.
The courteous thing would have been to leave a note to at least say sorry.
We have lived in Barkway Road for nearly 30 years and in the last few years, have suffered, along with many other residents, constant vandalism and abuse to our vehicles by youths walking back from the town late at night and under the influence.
They obviously think it amusing to damage other peoples' property.
You may also want to watch:
In the past 18 months, we have had cars stamped on causing damage to wings and roofs, mirrors smashed, aerials ripped off, windows broken, keying to paintwork and in the last couple of weeks someone took a knife to my husband's car and slashed the soft top roof, all amounting to thousands of pounds damage.
The last straw in recent week's, is the fact that now that the car parking charges in Royston have gone up, and an increasing number of people park in Barkway Road/Beldam Avenue residential area to avoid paying parking charges.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
Have those individuals thought about where we, as residents, can park our We have to park in the bus station car park and PAY for the privilege.
If the consideration and expectation being shown by the so called "adults" in our community is anything to go by, then what chance is there that the local youth are going to have a responsible example.
NAME and ADDRESS SUPPLIED