There we were filling this hole...
A poem entitled DIY or There we were filling this hole. Our roads are so rough We need some black stuff I know lads that will do it real cheap They ll start late at night When street lights are bright And be finished when you wake from sleep They
A poem entitled "DIY" or "There we were filling this hole."
Our roads are so rough
We need some "black stuff"
I know lads that will do it real cheap
You may also want to watch:
They'll start late at night
When street lights are bright
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 9 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended
And be finished when you wake from sleep
They'll fill up them holes
Won't leave it like moles
With a "top of the morning" to you
You'll enjoy a smooth ride
No joltin' inside
Broken springs or wheels on the skew
While the councils do nowt
Many rules we must flout
Like swerving about missing ruts
But if the Old Bill sees you
They'll be fines right on cue
Then you'll be the one making cuts!