The time to conduct yourself properly is when you are being watched
I WAS amused by The Crow s front page headline (March 20): Improvement seen in councillors conduct , referring to South Cambridgeshire District Council. It reminded me of a comical book I read many years ago. It was a spoof book of Advice to young o
I WAS amused by The Crow's front page headline (March 20): "Improvement seen in councillors' conduct", referring to South Cambridgeshire District Council.
It reminded me of a comical book I read many years ago.
It was a spoof book of "Advice to young officers in the Army", and it included the gem:
"Always remember there is a time to conduct yourself properly, and a time to muck about. The time to conduct yourself properly is when you are being watched".
You may also want to watch:
Of course, the Audit Commission has been watching South Cambridgeshire District Council for some months, and the councillors have been well aware of this.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
16 the Warren