The time to conduct yourself properly is when you are being watched
I WAS amused by The Crow s front page headline (March 20): Improvement seen in councillors conduct , referring to South Cambridgeshire District Council. It reminded me of a comical book I read many years ago. It was a spoof book of Advice to young o
I WAS amused by The Crow's front page headline (March 20): "Improvement seen in councillors' conduct", referring to South Cambridgeshire District Council.
It reminded me of a comical book I read many years ago.
It was a spoof book of "Advice to young officers in the Army", and it included the gem:
"Always remember there is a time to conduct yourself properly, and a time to muck about. The time to conduct yourself properly is when you are being watched".
You may also want to watch:
Of course, the Audit Commission has been watching South Cambridgeshire District Council for some months, and the councillors have been well aware of this.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
16 the Warren