The time to conduct yourself properly is when you are being watched
I WAS amused by The Crow s front page headline (March 20): Improvement seen in councillors conduct , referring to South Cambridgeshire District Council. It reminded me of a comical book I read many years ago. It was a spoof book of Advice to young o
I WAS amused by The Crow's front page headline (March 20): "Improvement seen in councillors' conduct", referring to South Cambridgeshire District Council.
It reminded me of a comical book I read many years ago.
It was a spoof book of "Advice to young officers in the Army", and it included the gem:
"Always remember there is a time to conduct yourself properly, and a time to muck about. The time to conduct yourself properly is when you are being watched".
Of course, the Audit Commission has been watching South Cambridgeshire District Council for some months, and the councillors have been well aware of this.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
16 the Warren