The time to conduct yourself properly is when you are being watched
I WAS amused by The Crow s front page headline (March 20): Improvement seen in councillors conduct , referring to South Cambridgeshire District Council. It reminded me of a comical book I read many years ago. It was a spoof book of Advice to young o
I WAS amused by The Crow's front page headline (March 20): "Improvement seen in councillors' conduct", referring to South Cambridgeshire District Council.
It reminded me of a comical book I read many years ago.
It was a spoof book of "Advice to young officers in the Army", and it included the gem:
"Always remember there is a time to conduct yourself properly, and a time to muck about. The time to conduct yourself properly is when you are being watched".
You may also want to watch:
Of course, the Audit Commission has been watching South Cambridgeshire District Council for some months, and the councillors have been well aware of this.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 6 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 8 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Candidates in North Herts prepare to stand for county council elections
16 the Warren