The right to be a party member
IN response to Vaughan West s letter in last week s Crow, I would like to say that as he and others have pointed out, democracy is not dead. Hence all councillors have a right to be part of a political party. This, as I stated in the meeting in quest
IN response to Vaughan West's letter in last week's Crow, I would like to say that as he and others have pointed out, democracy is not dead.
Hence all councillors have a right to be part of a political party.
This, as I stated in the meeting in question, (which I must point out had no members of the public in attendance), does not mean that politics plays a pivotal role in the work carried out by councillors on Royston Town Council.
On the contrary, ALL members of the town council are Royston councillors first and do everything to ensure that Royston and its residents are represented in the best possible way.
You may also want to watch:
In response to saying that a by-election would be "against the town", I am sure that what was actually said was more along the lines: A by-election would be against the town only in as much as it would cost the taxpayer an amount of money that could have been spared had a by-election not been called and with all the elected councillors co-opting an agreed candidate to see out the remaining term of office.
COUNCILLOR LYNN BERRY
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 9 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 10 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
Leader, Royston Town Council