The right to be a party member
IN response to Vaughan West s letter in last week s Crow, I would like to say that as he and others have pointed out, democracy is not dead. Hence all councillors have a right to be part of a political party. This, as I stated in the meeting in quest
IN response to Vaughan West's letter in last week's Crow, I would like to say that as he and others have pointed out, democracy is not dead.
Hence all councillors have a right to be part of a political party.
This, as I stated in the meeting in question, (which I must point out had no members of the public in attendance), does not mean that politics plays a pivotal role in the work carried out by councillors on Royston Town Council.
On the contrary, ALL members of the town council are Royston councillors first and do everything to ensure that Royston and its residents are represented in the best possible way.
You may also want to watch:
In response to saying that a by-election would be "against the town", I am sure that what was actually said was more along the lines: A by-election would be against the town only in as much as it would cost the taxpayer an amount of money that could have been spared had a by-election not been called and with all the elected councillors co-opting an agreed candidate to see out the remaining term of office.
COUNCILLOR LYNN BERRY
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
Leader, Royston Town Council