Thanks for supporting Poppy Appeal
ON behalf of the Royston branch of the Royal British Legion, Royston branch, I would like to extend my sincere and heartfelt thanks to all the local businesses and individuals from Royston and the surrounding area whom have once again donated so generousl
ON behalf of the Royston branch of the Royal British Legion, Royston branch, I would like to extend my sincere and heartfelt thanks to all the local businesses and individuals from Royston and the surrounding area whom have once again donated so generously to the Poppy Appeal.
I am pleased to announce that the total for the 2007-08 appeal which ended on May 31 is a massive £21,471. This is a fantastic total and is an increase of £2,461 on the previous year.
The national total for this Poppy Appeal was £30 million, again an increase on the previous year's total.
All of the money raised by the generosity of the people of the Royston district, enables the Royal British Legion to provide much needed help and support to the ex-service community, and families and dependants.
You may also want to watch:
This help is in ever greater demand each year with more than 10.5million people in the UK who are currently eligible to receive it.
A special thank you to all the collectors and volunteers who gave their time so freely and generously once again, their dedication is, as always, very much appreciated.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
Once again, many thanks to everyone who has supported the last year's Poppy Appeal and please, may I urge you all to continue to do so this year.
If anyone is interested in becoming a Poppy Appeal collector, or would like to help in other ways, call me on 01763 241526.
Poppy Appeal Organiser
Royal British Legion