Thanks for supporting Poppy Appeal
ON behalf of the Royston branch of the Royal British Legion, Royston branch, I would like to extend my sincere and heartfelt thanks to all the local businesses and individuals from Royston and the surrounding area whom have once again donated so generousl
ON behalf of the Royston branch of the Royal British Legion, Royston branch, I would like to extend my sincere and heartfelt thanks to all the local businesses and individuals from Royston and the surrounding area whom have once again donated so generously to the Poppy Appeal.
I am pleased to announce that the total for the 2007-08 appeal which ended on May 31 is a massive £21,471. This is a fantastic total and is an increase of £2,461 on the previous year.
The national total for this Poppy Appeal was £30 million, again an increase on the previous year's total.
All of the money raised by the generosity of the people of the Royston district, enables the Royal British Legion to provide much needed help and support to the ex-service community, and families and dependants.
You may also want to watch:
This help is in ever greater demand each year with more than 10.5million people in the UK who are currently eligible to receive it.
A special thank you to all the collectors and volunteers who gave their time so freely and generously once again, their dedication is, as always, very much appreciated.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 7 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 8 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
Once again, many thanks to everyone who has supported the last year's Poppy Appeal and please, may I urge you all to continue to do so this year.
If anyone is interested in becoming a Poppy Appeal collector, or would like to help in other ways, call me on 01763 241526.
Poppy Appeal Organiser
Royal British Legion