Thanks for supporting Chernobyl children
On behalf of the Friends of Chernobyl s Children (FOCC), Melbourn, I would like to say an enormous thank you to all those organisations, societies and individuals who support our charity. Our incredibly generous friends and supporters have once again enab
On behalf of the Friends of Chernobyl's Children (FOCC), Melbourn, I would like to say an enormous thank you to all those organisations, societies and individuals who support our charity.
Our incredibly generous friends and supporters have once again enabled us to bring over to the UK a group of 17 desperately underprivileged children from Belarus. The children returned home with suitcases jam-packed with clothes, toiletries, vitamins & basic medicines.
The children have benefited enormously from a month of clean fresh air, nutritious wholesome food and an amazing programme of activities.
In particular, we would like to say a huge thank you to Melbourn Baptist Church, who once again generously provided us with their wonderful facilities, thereby enabling the children to have a secure base for the duration of their stay. We are also immensely grateful to the United Reformed Church in Melbourn for their readiness to help and support us.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, I would like to give a special mention to the Black Horse pub in Melbourn, who provided numerous lunches for the children and who kindly opened up their garden for the children and entertained them with fantastic activities.
We cannot thank you enough for your continued support, which is so vital for these children.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
On behalf of the FOCC, Melbourn I would like to wish you and your families a very relaxing summer.