Thanks for supporting Chernobyl children
On behalf of the Friends of Chernobyl s Children (FOCC), Melbourn, I would like to say an enormous thank you to all those organisations, societies and individuals who support our charity. Our incredibly generous friends and supporters have once again enab
On behalf of the Friends of Chernobyl's Children (FOCC), Melbourn, I would like to say an enormous thank you to all those organisations, societies and individuals who support our charity.
Our incredibly generous friends and supporters have once again enabled us to bring over to the UK a group of 17 desperately underprivileged children from Belarus. The children returned home with suitcases jam-packed with clothes, toiletries, vitamins & basic medicines.
The children have benefited enormously from a month of clean fresh air, nutritious wholesome food and an amazing programme of activities.
In particular, we would like to say a huge thank you to Melbourn Baptist Church, who once again generously provided us with their wonderful facilities, thereby enabling the children to have a secure base for the duration of their stay. We are also immensely grateful to the United Reformed Church in Melbourn for their readiness to help and support us.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, I would like to give a special mention to the Black Horse pub in Melbourn, who provided numerous lunches for the children and who kindly opened up their garden for the children and entertained them with fantastic activities.
We cannot thank you enough for your continued support, which is so vital for these children.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 6 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 8 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 9 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 10 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
On behalf of the FOCC, Melbourn I would like to wish you and your families a very relaxing summer.