Thanks for happy memories of land army days
WE would like to say thank you to The Cabinet at Reed for a most memorable day on Saturday, August 19. The occasion was a re-visit by two ex-Women s Land Army ladies celebrating their 80th birthday and friendship of 60 years, shared by relations and frien
WE would like to say thank you to The Cabinet at Reed for a most memorable day on Saturday, August 19.
The occasion was a re-visit by two ex-Women's Land Army ladies celebrating their 80th birthday and friendship of 60 years, shared by relations and friends and two other Women's Land Army ladies, Lilian Bonfield and Betty Graves.
The Cabinet was remembered so well in the days the Women's Land Army were at the Queenbury Hostel in Reed, and for the evening entertainment while living at the hostel.
Grateful thanks, too, for the wonderful cake The Cabinet made and decorated with the
Women's Land Army badge.
JULIE CHUCK and LAURA SMITH
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 8 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'