Thank you for supporting the children of Chernobyl during their wonderful’ visit
ON behalf of the Friends of Chernobyl s Children, Melbourn, I would like to say an enormous thank you to all those organisations, societies and individuals who supported our charity. The children returned home to Belarus on October 8 after a wonderful vis
ON behalf of the Friends of Chernobyl's Children, Melbourn, I would like to say an enormous thank you to all those organisations, societies and individuals who supported our charity.
The children returned home to Belarus on October 8 after a wonderful visit.
All financial donations helped to fund the return flights to and from Minsk and the programme of activities in which the children participated during their stay.
Every penny donated went directly towards helping children, as we all gave our time freely and gladly, no-one was paid.
You may also want to watch:
Everything that we do to help this country not only benefits the children that spend recuperative time here, the effect on their families in Belarus is immeasurable.
In particular, we would like to thank the following organisations for their support and interest in FOCC Melbourn.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
They are The Technology Partnership, Johnson Matthey, Royal Bank of Scotland, LF Solutions, Robert Sayle, Tesco Royston, Bury Lane Farm Shop, Meltax, Shenton JC & Assocs, Bottisham Dental Surgery, Addenbrooke's Eye Clinic, Howes Opticians, Daily Bread Co, Royston Round Table, Rotary Club of Royston, Melbourn Village Golf Society, Melbourn United Reformed Church, Melbourn Baptist Church, The Star public house, the Black Horse public house, McSplash, Melbourn Village College, Reed First School, Thriplow CofE Primary School, Meldreth Primary School and many more.
Without your generous support the childrens' visit would not have been possible and we appreciate your involvement.
Friends of Chernobyl's Children (Melbourn)