Thank you for giving Poppy Appeal support
ON behalf of the Royston branch of the Royal British Legion, I would like to extend my sincere and heartfelt thanks to all the local businesses and individuals listed who have once again contributed so generously to this year s Poppy Appeal. Each and ever
ON behalf of the Royston branch of the Royal British Legion, I would like to extend my sincere and heartfelt thanks to all the local businesses and individuals listed who have once again contributed so generously to this year's Poppy Appeal.
Each and everyone has donated gifts or services that were auctioned following this year's Remembrance Day parade.
Due to their generosity, the proceeds from the auction raised £1,735, an increase of almost £400 on last year's total.
The money raised has been added to this year's Poppy Appeal, which currently stands at an amazing sum of £18,671, this being an interim figure, with some six months left until the end of this year's appeal.
You may also want to watch:
All of this money has been raised by the fantastic, warm-hearted people of the Royston district, without whom we would not be able to provide much needed help and support to the ex-services community, help that is in ever greater demand year on year.
A special and personal huge thank you has to go to John Duckett and Paul Wilson, for without their selfless dedication, time and energy, the auction would have not been possible.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 5 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 8 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Once again, many thanks to everyone who has supported the Poppy Appeal so far and please, may I urge you ALL to continue to do so in the future.
Royal British Legion
The Old Bull Inn
Angles & Rascals
Newdales Cycle Shop
Shop on the Corner
Carlo's Class Cut
Lotus House Takeaway
Keith Gordon Jewellers
Kevin's Groceries Market stall
Holland & Barrett
Flowers & Things
Where Friends Stitch
Archer & Co
Royston Town FC
Manor House Club
The Cave Shop
Putterills Estate Agents
Royston Golf Club
Heath Sports Centre
Royston Conservative Club
Cambridge Beer Co
Sleeping Beauty Bed Shop
John R Ford
Murketts of Royston
Coombes Social Club
Fox & Hounds, Barley
The Jester, Ashwell
Fox & Duck, Therfield
The Cabinet at Reed
Philimore Garden Centre
Frog End Aquatics
Ultimate Car Parts
Stapleton's Tyre Services
RBL DONORS: Ray Willett, Maureen Desprez, Andy Roberts, Phil Camp, Sylvia Hall, Arthur Waldock, Vince Whitehouse, John Dean, "Phil".