Thank you for giving Poppy Appeal support
ON behalf of the Royston branch of the Royal British Legion, I would like to extend my sincere and heartfelt thanks to all the local businesses and individuals listed who have once again contributed so generously to this year s Poppy Appeal. Each and ever
ON behalf of the Royston branch of the Royal British Legion, I would like to extend my sincere and heartfelt thanks to all the local businesses and individuals listed who have once again contributed so generously to this year's Poppy Appeal.
Each and everyone has donated gifts or services that were auctioned following this year's Remembrance Day parade.
Due to their generosity, the proceeds from the auction raised £1,735, an increase of almost £400 on last year's total.
The money raised has been added to this year's Poppy Appeal, which currently stands at an amazing sum of £18,671, this being an interim figure, with some six months left until the end of this year's appeal.
You may also want to watch:
All of this money has been raised by the fantastic, warm-hearted people of the Royston district, without whom we would not be able to provide much needed help and support to the ex-services community, help that is in ever greater demand year on year.
A special and personal huge thank you has to go to John Duckett and Paul Wilson, for without their selfless dedication, time and energy, the auction would have not been possible.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
Once again, many thanks to everyone who has supported the Poppy Appeal so far and please, may I urge you ALL to continue to do so in the future.
Royal British Legion
The Old Bull Inn
Angles & Rascals
Newdales Cycle Shop
Shop on the Corner
Carlo's Class Cut
Lotus House Takeaway
Keith Gordon Jewellers
Kevin's Groceries Market stall
Holland & Barrett
Flowers & Things
Where Friends Stitch
Archer & Co
Royston Town FC
Manor House Club
The Cave Shop
Putterills Estate Agents
Royston Golf Club
Heath Sports Centre
Royston Conservative Club
Cambridge Beer Co
Sleeping Beauty Bed Shop
John R Ford
Murketts of Royston
Coombes Social Club
Fox & Hounds, Barley
The Jester, Ashwell
Fox & Duck, Therfield
The Cabinet at Reed
Philimore Garden Centre
Frog End Aquatics
Ultimate Car Parts
Stapleton's Tyre Services
RBL DONORS: Ray Willett, Maureen Desprez, Andy Roberts, Phil Camp, Sylvia Hall, Arthur Waldock, Vince Whitehouse, John Dean, "Phil".