Tagliatelle with mushroom, celery and bacon sauce
Ingredients: 250g (8oz) fresh tagliatelle (or 150g (6oz) dried) 1 tbsp olive oil 1 small onion, peeled and finely sliced 100g (4oz) streaky bacon 4 stalks celery, finely chopped 100g (4oz) flat open mushrooms, chopped 1 glass red wine 2 garlic cloves, pee
250g (8oz) fresh tagliatelle (or 150g (6oz) dried)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, peeled and finely sliced
You may also want to watch:
100g (4oz) streaky bacon
4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 3 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 4 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 5 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 6 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 7 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
100g (4oz) flat open mushrooms, chopped
1 glass red wine
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
salt and pepper
2 tbsps grated Parmesan cheese
Cut the bacon into small pieces. In a frying-pan, heat the oil and fry the bacon and onion for a couple of minutes over high heat. Reduce to medium and add the garlic and celery. Continue to fry for 5 minutes, stirring well.
Add the red wine and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, mix well and cover the pan. Turn the heat to low and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until just tender, then drain well.
Return to the pan and pour over the sauce, mixing together gently. Serve hot garnished with grated Parmesan.
Plenty for four people as a starter or 2-3 as main course.