Tagliatelle with mushroom, celery and bacon sauce
Ingredients: 250g (8oz) fresh tagliatelle (or 150g (6oz) dried) 1 tbsp olive oil 1 small onion, peeled and finely sliced 100g (4oz) streaky bacon 4 stalks celery, finely chopped 100g (4oz) flat open mushrooms, chopped 1 glass red wine 2 garlic cloves, pee
250g (8oz) fresh tagliatelle (or 150g (6oz) dried)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, peeled and finely sliced
100g (4oz) streaky bacon
4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 5 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 6 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 7 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 8 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
100g (4oz) flat open mushrooms, chopped
1 glass red wine
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
salt and pepper
2 tbsps grated Parmesan cheese
Cut the bacon into small pieces. In a frying-pan, heat the oil and fry the bacon and onion for a couple of minutes over high heat. Reduce to medium and add the garlic and celery. Continue to fry for 5 minutes, stirring well.
Add the red wine and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, mix well and cover the pan. Turn the heat to low and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until just tender, then drain well.
Return to the pan and pour over the sauce, mixing together gently. Serve hot garnished with grated Parmesan.
Plenty for four people as a starter or 2-3 as main course.