Tagliatelle with mushroom, celery and bacon sauce
Ingredients: 250g (8oz) fresh tagliatelle (or 150g (6oz) dried) 1 tbsp olive oil 1 small onion, peeled and finely sliced 100g (4oz) streaky bacon 4 stalks celery, finely chopped 100g (4oz) flat open mushrooms, chopped 1 glass red wine 2 garlic cloves, pee
250g (8oz) fresh tagliatelle (or 150g (6oz) dried)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, peeled and finely sliced
You may also want to watch:
100g (4oz) streaky bacon
4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 3 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 4 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
100g (4oz) flat open mushrooms, chopped
1 glass red wine
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
salt and pepper
2 tbsps grated Parmesan cheese
Cut the bacon into small pieces. In a frying-pan, heat the oil and fry the bacon and onion for a couple of minutes over high heat. Reduce to medium and add the garlic and celery. Continue to fry for 5 minutes, stirring well.
Add the red wine and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, mix well and cover the pan. Turn the heat to low and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until just tender, then drain well.
Return to the pan and pour over the sauce, mixing together gently. Serve hot garnished with grated Parmesan.
Plenty for four people as a starter or 2-3 as main course.