Support school’s need for resources
THE Edwinstree School Association was formed in 1983 and has been a registered charity since 1992. It is run on a voluntary basis and its main purpose is to advance the education of pupils of the school by providing and assisting in the provision of facil
THE Edwinstree School Association was formed in 1983 and has been a registered charity since 1992. It is run on a voluntary basis and its main purpose is to advance the education of pupils of the school by providing and assisting in the provision of facilities and resources (not normally provided by the LEA).
Events are held throughout the year to raise funds to subsidise pupils' outings and field trips, purchase valuable resources, and provide trophies and prizes for the school.
Last year we were successful in raising more than £8,000. This enabled the school to install a new stage lighting system which enhanced the production by pupils of the musical Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat.
During the course of the year we have written to many local businesses to ask for support.
You may also want to watch:
We would like to thank the following businesses for their support last year.
Amwell Systems, Adam and Eve Service Station, Barclays Bank, Bell House Gallery, Boardmans Books, Bishop's Stortford, Brunels Restaurant, Buntingford Brewery, Royston, Catherine Bennett Solicitors, Co-op Foodstores, East Herts Golf Club, Ensum Brown Estate Agents, Essence Aromatherapy, Fit Together, Foundation Firewood, Hall and Glory, J Oliver Radley Opticians, K Costumes, Royston, Ken Jacks, Kirkhams Newsagents, Lloyds Chemist, Morden and Hobbs Hair Salon, Ottakars Book-stores, Stevenage, Shah Chemists, Sharpe Print. Skin Deep Beauty Salon, Somer-field Stores, The Salon, Hair and Beauty, Sainsbury's, Touch of Glamour, Tesco.
- 1 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 5 Aspiring young photographers take part in 'wild nature' competition
- 6 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 7 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 8 Do not disturb nesting birds on Therfield Heath!
- 9 Campaign to bring medical treatment for children with heart conditions closer to home
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Royston
We will soon be holding our first meeting of the year and will again be looking for support. If you think your business could help, contact Nicola on 01763 273691 or the school office.
Edwinstree School Association Committee