Support school’s need for resources
THE Edwinstree School Association was formed in 1983 and has been a registered charity since 1992. It is run on a voluntary basis and its main purpose is to advance the education of pupils of the school by providing and assisting in the provision of facil
THE Edwinstree School Association was formed in 1983 and has been a registered charity since 1992. It is run on a voluntary basis and its main purpose is to advance the education of pupils of the school by providing and assisting in the provision of facilities and resources (not normally provided by the LEA).
Events are held throughout the year to raise funds to subsidise pupils' outings and field trips, purchase valuable resources, and provide trophies and prizes for the school.
Last year we were successful in raising more than £8,000. This enabled the school to install a new stage lighting system which enhanced the production by pupils of the musical Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat.
During the course of the year we have written to many local businesses to ask for support.
We would like to thank the following businesses for their support last year.
Amwell Systems, Adam and Eve Service Station, Barclays Bank, Bell House Gallery, Boardmans Books, Bishop's Stortford, Brunels Restaurant, Buntingford Brewery, Royston, Catherine Bennett Solicitors, Co-op Foodstores, East Herts Golf Club, Ensum Brown Estate Agents, Essence Aromatherapy, Fit Together, Foundation Firewood, Hall and Glory, J Oliver Radley Opticians, K Costumes, Royston, Ken Jacks, Kirkhams Newsagents, Lloyds Chemist, Morden and Hobbs Hair Salon, Ottakars Book-stores, Stevenage, Shah Chemists, Sharpe Print. Skin Deep Beauty Salon, Somer-field Stores, The Salon, Hair and Beauty, Sainsbury's, Touch of Glamour, Tesco.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 3 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Royston Scouts raise money to attend jamboree in Korea
- 7 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
- 8 Reed's National Village Cup hopes ended in nail-biting finale
- 9 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 10 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
We will soon be holding our first meeting of the year and will again be looking for support. If you think your business could help, contact Nicola on 01763 273691 or the school office.
Edwinstree School Association Committee