Support school’s need for resources
THE Edwinstree School Association was formed in 1983 and has been a registered charity since 1992. It is run on a voluntary basis and its main purpose is to advance the education of pupils of the school by providing and assisting in the provision of facil
THE Edwinstree School Association was formed in 1983 and has been a registered charity since 1992. It is run on a voluntary basis and its main purpose is to advance the education of pupils of the school by providing and assisting in the provision of facilities and resources (not normally provided by the LEA).
Events are held throughout the year to raise funds to subsidise pupils' outings and field trips, purchase valuable resources, and provide trophies and prizes for the school.
Last year we were successful in raising more than £8,000. This enabled the school to install a new stage lighting system which enhanced the production by pupils of the musical Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat.
During the course of the year we have written to many local businesses to ask for support.
You may also want to watch:
We would like to thank the following businesses for their support last year.
Amwell Systems, Adam and Eve Service Station, Barclays Bank, Bell House Gallery, Boardmans Books, Bishop's Stortford, Brunels Restaurant, Buntingford Brewery, Royston, Catherine Bennett Solicitors, Co-op Foodstores, East Herts Golf Club, Ensum Brown Estate Agents, Essence Aromatherapy, Fit Together, Foundation Firewood, Hall and Glory, J Oliver Radley Opticians, K Costumes, Royston, Ken Jacks, Kirkhams Newsagents, Lloyds Chemist, Morden and Hobbs Hair Salon, Ottakars Book-stores, Stevenage, Shah Chemists, Sharpe Print. Skin Deep Beauty Salon, Somer-field Stores, The Salon, Hair and Beauty, Sainsbury's, Touch of Glamour, Tesco.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 3 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 9 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 10 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
We will soon be holding our first meeting of the year and will again be looking for support. If you think your business could help, contact Nicola on 01763 273691 or the school office.
Edwinstree School Association Committee