Such a carry on with cab companies
I booked a weekend away to Paris by coach. I couldn t complain about the trip at all, except having to get to Royston bus station for 4.20am. I phoned the taxi companies in the area to get to the bus station. The first said it was fully booked at 03:50.
I booked a weekend away to Paris by coach. I couldn't complain about the trip at all, except having to get to Royston bus station for 4.20am.
I phoned the taxi companies in the area to get to the bus station. The first said it was fully booked at 03:50.
Three others all informed me that the journey was too short and not worth getting out of bed for.
When I phoned the first company after I got confirmation that our trip was booked, they gave me a quote of £15, as it was double time at that time of the morning.
You may also want to watch:
As it was we have a friend in Royston who kindly allowed us to park our car outside their house while away, but we still had to walk a considerable distance with cases.
Lucky for us it was dry and not too cold.
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 3 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 6 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
The point I'm making is that you might be able to book a coach trip departing from Royston, but getting to that departure point might be a completely different game altogether.
Well done taxi companies.