Such a carry on with cab companies
I booked a weekend away to Paris by coach. I couldn t complain about the trip at all, except having to get to Royston bus station for 4.20am. I phoned the taxi companies in the area to get to the bus station. The first said it was fully booked at 03:50.
I booked a weekend away to Paris by coach. I couldn't complain about the trip at all, except having to get to Royston bus station for 4.20am.
I phoned the taxi companies in the area to get to the bus station. The first said it was fully booked at 03:50.
Three others all informed me that the journey was too short and not worth getting out of bed for.
When I phoned the first company after I got confirmation that our trip was booked, they gave me a quote of £15, as it was double time at that time of the morning.
You may also want to watch:
As it was we have a friend in Royston who kindly allowed us to park our car outside their house while away, but we still had to walk a considerable distance with cases.
Lucky for us it was dry and not too cold.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 4 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 5 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 6 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 9 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 10 Pupils become journalists for class topic
The point I'm making is that you might be able to book a coach trip departing from Royston, but getting to that departure point might be a completely different game altogether.
Well done taxi companies.