Such a carry on with cab companies
I booked a weekend away to Paris by coach. I couldn t complain about the trip at all, except having to get to Royston bus station for 4.20am. I phoned the taxi companies in the area to get to the bus station. The first said it was fully booked at 03:50.
I booked a weekend away to Paris by coach. I couldn't complain about the trip at all, except having to get to Royston bus station for 4.20am.
I phoned the taxi companies in the area to get to the bus station. The first said it was fully booked at 03:50.
Three others all informed me that the journey was too short and not worth getting out of bed for.
When I phoned the first company after I got confirmation that our trip was booked, they gave me a quote of £15, as it was double time at that time of the morning.
You may also want to watch:
As it was we have a friend in Royston who kindly allowed us to park our car outside their house while away, but we still had to walk a considerable distance with cases.
Lucky for us it was dry and not too cold.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
The point I'm making is that you might be able to book a coach trip departing from Royston, but getting to that departure point might be a completely different game altogether.
Well done taxi companies.