Such a carry on with cab companies
I booked a weekend away to Paris by coach. I couldn t complain about the trip at all, except having to get to Royston bus station for 4.20am. I phoned the taxi companies in the area to get to the bus station. The first said it was fully booked at 03:50.
I booked a weekend away to Paris by coach. I couldn't complain about the trip at all, except having to get to Royston bus station for 4.20am.
I phoned the taxi companies in the area to get to the bus station. The first said it was fully booked at 03:50.
Three others all informed me that the journey was too short and not worth getting out of bed for.
When I phoned the first company after I got confirmation that our trip was booked, they gave me a quote of £15, as it was double time at that time of the morning.
You may also want to watch:
As it was we have a friend in Royston who kindly allowed us to park our car outside their house while away, but we still had to walk a considerable distance with cases.
Lucky for us it was dry and not too cold.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
The point I'm making is that you might be able to book a coach trip departing from Royston, but getting to that departure point might be a completely different game altogether.
Well done taxi companies.