Ingredients One small round squash about 18 - 20cm (7-8 ) diameter 2 medium onions 2 tbsp olive oil 1 large ripe tomato 3 small courgettes 1/2 tbsp tomato paste 2 tbsps chopped parsley or coriander salt and pepper Method Use a small round squash which wi
One small round squash about 18 - 20cm (7-8") diameter
2 medium onions
2 tbsp olive oil
You may also want to watch:
1 large ripe tomato
3 small courgettes
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 5 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
1/2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsps chopped parsley or coriander
salt and pepper
Use a small round squash which will fit into a saucepan when halved. A small squash serves four as a vegetable with meat, or two on its own.
Wash the squash well to remove any dirt from the outer skin. Cut a large slice off the top and remove the seeds. Place in a large saucepan, add water to come about 2/3 of the way up the sides, add salt and bring to the boil, covered. Simmer gently until the squash is only just soft. Meanwhile, in a frying-pan, heat the olive oil and add the onions, finely chopped. When they are softening, add the courgettes, chopped into dice, and the tomato, also chopped finely. Season with plenty of salt and pepper. Fry gently until softening, then add the tomato paste and mix well.
Remove the squash from the saucepan and drain well, peel off the skin and transfer the squash to a serving dish. Fill the centre with the courgette mixture and top with finely chopped herbs.