Ingredients One small round squash about 18 - 20cm (7-8 ) diameter 2 medium onions 2 tbsp olive oil 1 large ripe tomato 3 small courgettes 1/2 tbsp tomato paste 2 tbsps chopped parsley or coriander salt and pepper Method Use a small round squash which wi
One small round squash about 18 - 20cm (7-8") diameter
2 medium onions
2 tbsp olive oil
You may also want to watch:
1 large ripe tomato
3 small courgettes
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 10 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
1/2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsps chopped parsley or coriander
salt and pepper
Use a small round squash which will fit into a saucepan when halved. A small squash serves four as a vegetable with meat, or two on its own.
Wash the squash well to remove any dirt from the outer skin. Cut a large slice off the top and remove the seeds. Place in a large saucepan, add water to come about 2/3 of the way up the sides, add salt and bring to the boil, covered. Simmer gently until the squash is only just soft. Meanwhile, in a frying-pan, heat the olive oil and add the onions, finely chopped. When they are softening, add the courgettes, chopped into dice, and the tomato, also chopped finely. Season with plenty of salt and pepper. Fry gently until softening, then add the tomato paste and mix well.
Remove the squash from the saucepan and drain well, peel off the skin and transfer the squash to a serving dish. Fill the centre with the courgette mixture and top with finely chopped herbs.