Ingredients One small round squash about 18 - 20cm (7-8 ) diameter 2 medium onions 2 tbsp olive oil 1 large ripe tomato 3 small courgettes 1/2 tbsp tomato paste 2 tbsps chopped parsley or coriander salt and pepper Method Use a small round squash which wi
One small round squash about 18 - 20cm (7-8") diameter
2 medium onions
2 tbsp olive oil
You may also want to watch:
1 large ripe tomato
3 small courgettes
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 5 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 6 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 7 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 8 Have your say at virtual town meeting
- 9 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 10 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
1/2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsps chopped parsley or coriander
salt and pepper
Use a small round squash which will fit into a saucepan when halved. A small squash serves four as a vegetable with meat, or two on its own.
Wash the squash well to remove any dirt from the outer skin. Cut a large slice off the top and remove the seeds. Place in a large saucepan, add water to come about 2/3 of the way up the sides, add salt and bring to the boil, covered. Simmer gently until the squash is only just soft. Meanwhile, in a frying-pan, heat the olive oil and add the onions, finely chopped. When they are softening, add the courgettes, chopped into dice, and the tomato, also chopped finely. Season with plenty of salt and pepper. Fry gently until softening, then add the tomato paste and mix well.
Remove the squash from the saucepan and drain well, peel off the skin and transfer the squash to a serving dish. Fill the centre with the courgette mixture and top with finely chopped herbs.