Ingredients One small round squash about 18 - 20cm (7-8 ) diameter 2 medium onions 2 tbsp olive oil 1 large ripe tomato 3 small courgettes 1/2 tbsp tomato paste 2 tbsps chopped parsley or coriander salt and pepper Method Use a small round squash which wi
One small round squash about 18 - 20cm (7-8") diameter
2 medium onions
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large ripe tomato
3 small courgettes
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 6 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 7 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 8 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
1/2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsps chopped parsley or coriander
salt and pepper
Use a small round squash which will fit into a saucepan when halved. A small squash serves four as a vegetable with meat, or two on its own.
Wash the squash well to remove any dirt from the outer skin. Cut a large slice off the top and remove the seeds. Place in a large saucepan, add water to come about 2/3 of the way up the sides, add salt and bring to the boil, covered. Simmer gently until the squash is only just soft. Meanwhile, in a frying-pan, heat the olive oil and add the onions, finely chopped. When they are softening, add the courgettes, chopped into dice, and the tomato, also chopped finely. Season with plenty of salt and pepper. Fry gently until softening, then add the tomato paste and mix well.
Remove the squash from the saucepan and drain well, peel off the skin and transfer the squash to a serving dish. Fill the centre with the courgette mixture and top with finely chopped herbs.