Ingredients One small round squash about 18 - 20cm (7-8 ) diameter 2 medium onions 2 tbsp olive oil 1 large ripe tomato 3 small courgettes 1/2 tbsp tomato paste 2 tbsps chopped parsley or coriander salt and pepper Method Use a small round squash which wi
One small round squash about 18 - 20cm (7-8") diameter
2 medium onions
2 tbsp olive oil
You may also want to watch:
1 large ripe tomato
3 small courgettes
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
1/2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsps chopped parsley or coriander
salt and pepper
Use a small round squash which will fit into a saucepan when halved. A small squash serves four as a vegetable with meat, or two on its own.
Wash the squash well to remove any dirt from the outer skin. Cut a large slice off the top and remove the seeds. Place in a large saucepan, add water to come about 2/3 of the way up the sides, add salt and bring to the boil, covered. Simmer gently until the squash is only just soft. Meanwhile, in a frying-pan, heat the olive oil and add the onions, finely chopped. When they are softening, add the courgettes, chopped into dice, and the tomato, also chopped finely. Season with plenty of salt and pepper. Fry gently until softening, then add the tomato paste and mix well.
Remove the squash from the saucepan and drain well, peel off the skin and transfer the squash to a serving dish. Fill the centre with the courgette mixture and top with finely chopped herbs.