Streets need a jolly good clean up
Do we still have a town manager? If so does he ever walk down the High Street or through Jepps Lane? My husband and I had a dental appointment last week in Royston, and on walking up the High Street we both said that we had never seen such a filthy stree
Do we still have a town manager? If so does he ever walk down the High Street or through Jepps Lane?
My husband and I had a dental appointment last week in Royston, and on walking up the High Street we both said that we had never seen such a filthy street before. Round the litter bins there were traces of vomit, cigarette ends, and all sorts of rubbish.
Then on walking through Jepps Lane it was even worse; black gunge is seeping through the tops of the manhole cover. The whole lane is a health hazard to the community.
I respect that the pigeons make a mess but surely the streets and pavements should be washed down regularly. Also the shop keepers should clean their own doorways each morning, they always used to in the good old days.
You may also want to watch:
I do believe that the whole town could do with a jolly good clean up.
Name and Address Supplied
- 1 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 2 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 3 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 4 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 5 Councillors gagged by threat of 'personal litigation' ahead of farmgate debate
- 6 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 9 COVID-19: Literary festival event to mark anniversary of first lockdown
- 10 'Utterly extraordinary' says Lib Dem leader of disgraced deputy leader's criticisms