Streets need a jolly good clean up
Do we still have a town manager? If so does he ever walk down the High Street or through Jepps Lane? My husband and I had a dental appointment last week in Royston, and on walking up the High Street we both said that we had never seen such a filthy stree
Do we still have a town manager? If so does he ever walk down the High Street or through Jepps Lane?
My husband and I had a dental appointment last week in Royston, and on walking up the High Street we both said that we had never seen such a filthy street before. Round the litter bins there were traces of vomit, cigarette ends, and all sorts of rubbish.
Then on walking through Jepps Lane it was even worse; black gunge is seeping through the tops of the manhole cover. The whole lane is a health hazard to the community.
I respect that the pigeons make a mess but surely the streets and pavements should be washed down regularly. Also the shop keepers should clean their own doorways each morning, they always used to in the good old days.
You may also want to watch:
I do believe that the whole town could do with a jolly good clean up.
Name and Address Supplied
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge