Standing up to a manipulative ploy
IT S good to see that there are those within the political scene who can see when they are being used and not liking it decide to speak out (The Crow February 28, Don t vote Tory says party s chairman). Having come third in my ward last year, the Tory ma
IT'S good to see that there are those within the political scene who can see when they are being used and not liking it decide to speak out (The Crow February 28, Don't vote Tory says party's chairman).
Having come third in my ward last year, the Tory machine in South Cambridgeshire now bring out the same candidate to supposedly "represent" the good people of the Mordens.
Luckily for them Jeremy Fordham has seen this for the cynical and manipulative ploy that it is, more a case of quantity over quality.
The Tories who in controlling South Cambridgeshire District Council since last May have practically done away with local representation now wish to further their non-democratic stranglehold in the plush offices that they voted for at Cambourne.
You may also want to watch:
Its Cabinet and leader have given themselves huge powers (by getting their colleagues to vote like sheep) and the only way for this to change is for the people to take away that control.
Many Crow readers will remember the days when South Cambridgeshire District Council was under no political control, when councillors all had a say in decision making and when your councillor truly represented you.
- 1 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 5 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 6 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 7 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 8 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 9 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 10 Victim of fatal A10 crash named
I urge all those villages and their residents who have an election in May to choose someone who will first and foremost, and above party politics, represent their needs.
Cllr DEBORAH ROBERTS
South Cambridgeshire District Council
Foxton and Fowlmere Ward