Standing up to a manipulative ploy
IT S good to see that there are those within the political scene who can see when they are being used and not liking it decide to speak out (The Crow February 28, Don t vote Tory says party s chairman). Having come third in my ward last year, the Tory ma
IT'S good to see that there are those within the political scene who can see when they are being used and not liking it decide to speak out (The Crow February 28, Don't vote Tory says party's chairman).
Having come third in my ward last year, the Tory machine in South Cambridgeshire now bring out the same candidate to supposedly "represent" the good people of the Mordens.
Luckily for them Jeremy Fordham has seen this for the cynical and manipulative ploy that it is, more a case of quantity over quality.
The Tories who in controlling South Cambridgeshire District Council since last May have practically done away with local representation now wish to further their non-democratic stranglehold in the plush offices that they voted for at Cambourne.
You may also want to watch:
Its Cabinet and leader have given themselves huge powers (by getting their colleagues to vote like sheep) and the only way for this to change is for the people to take away that control.
Many Crow readers will remember the days when South Cambridgeshire District Council was under no political control, when councillors all had a say in decision making and when your councillor truly represented you.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 4 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
I urge all those villages and their residents who have an election in May to choose someone who will first and foremost, and above party politics, represent their needs.
Cllr DEBORAH ROBERTS
South Cambridgeshire District Council
Foxton and Fowlmere Ward