Someone has to take the can in our new recycling scheme
I AM not by any means against recycling, far from it. Perhaps, however, Cllr Lynda Needham (North Herts District Council s environment and waste portfolio holder) should try and explain why items are being left even though all the council directives were
I AM not by any means against recycling, far from it.
Perhaps, however, Cllr Lynda Needham (North Herts District Council's environment and waste portfolio holder) should try and explain why items are being left even though all the council directives were adhered to in order to facilitate the collection of tin cans.
It would be interesting to see how many other residents in Royston had items left behind.
And I would ask is it because the council rushed into this and have not given the staff adequate training to fulfil there allotted tasks.
You may also want to watch:
It is interesting to note upon speaking to one of the cleansing employees last week that one of their new lorries collided with a car after a steering failure.
So are the council already starting to cut corners?
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 9 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
A great start to what I hope will be a service that will improve, and not have to take cans to the local recycling centre and burning fuel in the process.
After all is that not why we are recycling.