So much to loos over toilets problem
IT is quite unacceptable that the public toilets at the bus station should be closed. Yes there are toilets next to the Priory Memorial Gardens, but these are not immediately available to people using the bus station. There are steps to negotiate, three r
IT is quite unacceptable that the public toilets at the bus station should be closed.
Yes there are toilets next to the Priory Memorial Gardens, but these are not immediately available to people using the bus station. There are steps to negotiate, three roads and car parks to cross, and that is assuming that the person knows where the facilities are.
For someone with difficulty walking, or a mother with young children, it could make the difference between feeling happy to come to Royston on a bus or coach, or feeling that the journey is too difficult.
Also to be considered are the bus and coach drivers who can also use these amenities as they wait for passengers.
You may also want to watch:
We need a town that people can visit with comfort, hopefully spending money in the shops and cafes while enjoying the historic surroundings. Arriving on a bus and then searching for a toilet is not the way forward.
It is to be hoped that there can be a stay of execution on these premises while the money is found to improve them.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?
Closing an amenity is an extremely negative action to undertake as we strive to encourage visitors to our town.
Cllr LIZ BEARDWELL
Royston Palace ward