So much to loos over toilets problem
IT is quite unacceptable that the public toilets at the bus station should be closed. Yes there are toilets next to the Priory Memorial Gardens, but these are not immediately available to people using the bus station. There are steps to negotiate, three r
IT is quite unacceptable that the public toilets at the bus station should be closed.
Yes there are toilets next to the Priory Memorial Gardens, but these are not immediately available to people using the bus station. There are steps to negotiate, three roads and car parks to cross, and that is assuming that the person knows where the facilities are.
For someone with difficulty walking, or a mother with young children, it could make the difference between feeling happy to come to Royston on a bus or coach, or feeling that the journey is too difficult.
Also to be considered are the bus and coach drivers who can also use these amenities as they wait for passengers.
You may also want to watch:
We need a town that people can visit with comfort, hopefully spending money in the shops and cafes while enjoying the historic surroundings. Arriving on a bus and then searching for a toilet is not the way forward.
It is to be hoped that there can be a stay of execution on these premises while the money is found to improve them.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Closing an amenity is an extremely negative action to undertake as we strive to encourage visitors to our town.
Cllr LIZ BEARDWELL
Royston Palace ward