Show more concern for our traders and businesses
IT does seem rather short-sighted to target motorists with higher parking charges, when, in most cases, drivers choose either to shop at Tesco, or drive the short distance to Baldock. There it is possible to shop without the nail-biting pressure of gettin
IT does seem rather short-sighted to target motorists with higher parking charges, when, in most cases, drivers choose either to shop at Tesco, or drive the short distance to Baldock.
There it is possible to shop without the nail-biting pressure of getting back to the car in time.
Civic pride appears to be a thing of the past these days, and it is unfortunate that councillors do not show more concern for the small traders and businesses in Royston.
Despite the increase in Council Tax, and in order to make savings of £500,000, Royston's fire station is threatened with the loss of personnel, while in other areas two fire stations are earmarked for closure.
You may also want to watch:
Royston once had a cinema and an open-air swimming pool, both of which have been closed.
In contrast, though, Letchworth has an open-air pool which opened for a new season last month.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
Just why Letchworth should be favoured with this amenity, and not Royston, will probably remain a mystery.
NAME and ADDRESS SUPPLIED