Show more concern for our traders and businesses
IT does seem rather short-sighted to target motorists with higher parking charges, when, in most cases, drivers choose either to shop at Tesco, or drive the short distance to Baldock. There it is possible to shop without the nail-biting pressure of gettin
IT does seem rather short-sighted to target motorists with higher parking charges, when, in most cases, drivers choose either to shop at Tesco, or drive the short distance to Baldock.
There it is possible to shop without the nail-biting pressure of getting back to the car in time.
Civic pride appears to be a thing of the past these days, and it is unfortunate that councillors do not show more concern for the small traders and businesses in Royston.
Despite the increase in Council Tax, and in order to make savings of £500,000, Royston's fire station is threatened with the loss of personnel, while in other areas two fire stations are earmarked for closure.
You may also want to watch:
Royston once had a cinema and an open-air swimming pool, both of which have been closed.
In contrast, though, Letchworth has an open-air pool which opened for a new season last month.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 5 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 6 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 7 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 8 Dial M for an interesting look at the macabre
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 10 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Just why Letchworth should be favoured with this amenity, and not Royston, will probably remain a mystery.
NAME and ADDRESS SUPPLIED