Shopping around may prove to be enjoyable
I HAVE recently moved into the area and have been following the recent postbag letters regarding the state of shopping in Royston with interest. I am no great fan of supermarkets and have been looking around for alternatives. Although it seems the town
I HAVE recently moved into the area and have been following the recent postbag letters regarding the state of shopping in Royston with interest.
I am no great fan of supermarkets and have been looking around for alternatives.
Although it seems the town has suffered by having a large Tesco it is possible to find good food and service locally without too much trouble.
Once a week we have a superb veg box (cheaper and much tastier than from a supermarket ) delivered from a local company and the well-stocked Bury Lane Farm Shop has helpful and knowledgeable staff.
You may also want to watch:
We have also discovered the brilliant Cambridge Wine shop which, like Bury Lane, is close to Tesco for those with cars.
I appreciate that most of us lead very busy lives and try to make shopping trips as painless as possible, but unlike supermarkets some of these smaller establishments are actually a pleasure to visit.
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 3 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 4 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
I would urge your readers to try and spread the cost of their weekly shop around town. It might even be enjoyable.