Shopping around may prove to be enjoyable
I HAVE recently moved into the area and have been following the recent postbag letters regarding the state of shopping in Royston with interest. I am no great fan of supermarkets and have been looking around for alternatives. Although it seems the town
I HAVE recently moved into the area and have been following the recent postbag letters regarding the state of shopping in Royston with interest.
I am no great fan of supermarkets and have been looking around for alternatives.
Although it seems the town has suffered by having a large Tesco it is possible to find good food and service locally without too much trouble.
Once a week we have a superb veg box (cheaper and much tastier than from a supermarket ) delivered from a local company and the well-stocked Bury Lane Farm Shop has helpful and knowledgeable staff.
You may also want to watch:
We have also discovered the brilliant Cambridge Wine shop which, like Bury Lane, is close to Tesco for those with cars.
I appreciate that most of us lead very busy lives and try to make shopping trips as painless as possible, but unlike supermarkets some of these smaller establishments are actually a pleasure to visit.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
I would urge your readers to try and spread the cost of their weekly shop around town. It might even be enjoyable.