Shopping around may prove to be enjoyable
I HAVE recently moved into the area and have been following the recent postbag letters regarding the state of shopping in Royston with interest. I am no great fan of supermarkets and have been looking around for alternatives. Although it seems the town
I HAVE recently moved into the area and have been following the recent postbag letters regarding the state of shopping in Royston with interest.
I am no great fan of supermarkets and have been looking around for alternatives.
Although it seems the town has suffered by having a large Tesco it is possible to find good food and service locally without too much trouble.
Once a week we have a superb veg box (cheaper and much tastier than from a supermarket ) delivered from a local company and the well-stocked Bury Lane Farm Shop has helpful and knowledgeable staff.
You may also want to watch:
We have also discovered the brilliant Cambridge Wine shop which, like Bury Lane, is close to Tesco for those with cars.
I appreciate that most of us lead very busy lives and try to make shopping trips as painless as possible, but unlike supermarkets some of these smaller establishments are actually a pleasure to visit.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
I would urge your readers to try and spread the cost of their weekly shop around town. It might even be enjoyable.