Shopping around may prove to be enjoyable
I HAVE recently moved into the area and have been following the recent postbag letters regarding the state of shopping in Royston with interest. I am no great fan of supermarkets and have been looking around for alternatives. Although it seems the town
I HAVE recently moved into the area and have been following the recent postbag letters regarding the state of shopping in Royston with interest.
I am no great fan of supermarkets and have been looking around for alternatives.
Although it seems the town has suffered by having a large Tesco it is possible to find good food and service locally without too much trouble.
Once a week we have a superb veg box (cheaper and much tastier than from a supermarket ) delivered from a local company and the well-stocked Bury Lane Farm Shop has helpful and knowledgeable staff.
We have also discovered the brilliant Cambridge Wine shop which, like Bury Lane, is close to Tesco for those with cars.
I appreciate that most of us lead very busy lives and try to make shopping trips as painless as possible, but unlike supermarkets some of these smaller establishments are actually a pleasure to visit.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 5 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 6 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 7 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 8 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
I would urge your readers to try and spread the cost of their weekly shop around town. It might even be enjoyable.