Sessions report - 1658-1700
- Mary and Charles Hoppey, children of Joseph Hoppey, late of Royston, were moved by order of Court from Brickenden to Royston, but the inhabitants of Royston now inform the Bench that Henry Randall, of Braughin, the children s grandfather on their mothe
- Mary and Charles Hoppey, children of Joseph Hoppey, late of Royston, were moved by order of Court from Brickenden to Royston, but the inhabitants of Royston now inform the Bench that Henry Randall, of Braughin, the children's grandfather on their mother's side, is a rich man and out to contribute towards the relief. Order made that he pay 2s 6d a week.
- April 20, 1691.
- Order that a rate be collected by the chief constables to pay for the repairs to Buntingford Bridge and New Bridge. The money is to be paid to Bostock Toller, Clerk of the Peace.
- April 20 1691.
- In pursuance of an Act of Parliament, entitled "An Act for the better repairing and amending the Highways and for settling the rates of Carriage of Goods", the Court assesses the rates of all land carriage of any goods by any common waggoner or carrier to any place as follows:
For every five score and twelve pounds weight of goods for every ten miles the sum of 6d, and for every twenty miles the sum of 12d, and for every thirty miles the sum of 1s 6d, and so proportionably for every greater or lesser weight or distance.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 3 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 5 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 6 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 7 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 8 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- April 4, 1992.