Sessions report - 1658-1700
- Mary and Charles Hoppey, children of Joseph Hoppey, late of Royston, were moved by order of Court from Brickenden to Royston, but the inhabitants of Royston now inform the Bench that Henry Randall, of Braughin, the children s grandfather on their mothe
- Mary and Charles Hoppey, children of Joseph Hoppey, late of Royston, were moved by order of Court from Brickenden to Royston, but the inhabitants of Royston now inform the Bench that Henry Randall, of Braughin, the children's grandfather on their mother's side, is a rich man and out to contribute towards the relief. Order made that he pay 2s 6d a week.
- April 20, 1691.
- Order that a rate be collected by the chief constables to pay for the repairs to Buntingford Bridge and New Bridge. The money is to be paid to Bostock Toller, Clerk of the Peace.
- April 20 1691.
You may also want to watch:
- In pursuance of an Act of Parliament, entitled "An Act for the better repairing and amending the Highways and for settling the rates of Carriage of Goods", the Court assesses the rates of all land carriage of any goods by any common waggoner or carrier to any place as follows:
For every five score and twelve pounds weight of goods for every ten miles the sum of 6d, and for every twenty miles the sum of 12d, and for every thirty miles the sum of 1s 6d, and so proportionably for every greater or lesser weight or distance.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 9 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 10 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- April 4, 1992.