Sessions - From the Herts Quarter Sessions 1658-1700
For the preventing tumultuous orders which may happen upon pretence of Assembling to make bonfires and fireworks, His Majesty s Council ordered that no person whatsoever do presume to make or encourage the making any bonfires or any public fireworks with
For the preventing tumultuous orders which may happen upon pretence of Assembling to make bonfires and fireworks, His Majesty's Council ordered that "no person whatsoever do presume to make or encourage the making any bonfires or any public fireworks without leave from his Majesty or the Council Board", the Court finds that this order has not been observed as it should have been.
It is, therefore, now ordered that the chief and petty constables shall use their utmost diligence to enforce this order of the Council.
- July 9, 1688.
n Complaint by several parishes that many "lewd and ill-disposed persons, under pretence of the Liberty given to Protestant Dissenters by a late Act of Parliament, do absent themselves from their parish church and do not repair to any other place of religious worship as the said Law in that case hath provided and required, whereby there is great neglect of the Lord's Day and frequent resort to alehouses during the time of Divine Service, to the great dishonour of Almighty God, the scandal of religion, and apparent violation and breach of the laws made and provided for due observation of it."
You may also want to watch:
- October 7, 1689.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 4 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 5 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton