Seeing red over this go-green frenzy
It looks as if the Government is going to use global warming as another excuse to penalise working families. This week Tony Blair warned us higher taxes could be introduced to deal with the £3.5 trillion price of global warming. It wouldn t be so bad if t
It looks as if the Government is going to use global warming as another excuse to penalise working families.
This week Tony Blair warned us higher taxes could be introduced to deal with the £3.5 trillion price of global warming.
It wouldn't be so bad if the Government wasn't intending to hike taxes on things that it knows people have to use or pay out for, such as Council Tax and petrol.
Can we guarantee that the extra money it makes through higher taxes will actually go towards averting global warming?
You may also want to watch:
I don't know that we can.
And why punish people for failing to react to the problem until now?
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 9 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
The problem has been escalating for many years, and now they decide to tackle the problem following the release of a study on climate change, which experts blame on man-made emissions.
The Government should have been encouraging people to go green long before now by offering small incentives such as reduced taxes if they use environmentally friendly cars, or energy- saving household appliances.
I wonder if the PM makes an effort to be environmentally friendly...
Simple steps Crow readers can take to help reduce global warming...
- Walk to work
- Plant a tree
- Switch off lights when you leave a room
- Do not leave the television on standby