School chum is seeking dancers
A MAN from Ashwell wants to get in touch with his former school friends. The photograph shows Maurice Skinner, 69, who used to attend Orwell s Church of England School, with his friends at a May-pole dance in Orwell. The picture was taken in 1951 in the c
A MAN from Ashwell wants to get in touch with his former school friends.
The photograph shows Maurice Skinner, 69, who used to attend Orwell's Church of England School, with his friends at a May-pole dance in Orwell.
The picture was taken in 1951 in the church grounds when the school was enjoying a May-pole dance.
Mr Skinner, however, said he cannot remember who took the photograph.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I remember the day very well. In my mind I'm dancing it now. But I want to know where all my friends are.
"I'm always thinking about them and it would be nice to see some of them."
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
If you can see yourself in the photograph, call Crow Nostalgia on 01763 245241 or visit The Crow at Heath House, Princes Mews, Royston.
The picture shows, top row, from left, Margaret Wilkins, Maurice Skinner, Eileen Neaves, Michael Skinner, Ruby Bently, Derek Gooch, Basil Davenport, Charlie Cutts (little boy), Pauline Mills, Tony Morris, Arthur Brown.
Front row, from left, Rita Clarke, John Culsen, Anne Cornet, Barry Charter.