Scheme is better late than never
I welcome the idea of one hour s free parking in Royston town centre. It was probably required 30 years ago, but better late than never. If you make it difficult to sell your product, your business will suffer, but a lot of the time it is out of your hand
I welcome the idea of one hour's free parking in Royston town centre. It was probably required 30 years ago, but better late than never.
If you make it difficult to sell your product, your business will suffer, but a lot of the time it is out of your hands.
Traffic wardens are the biggest "business breakers" around. How do they the benefit the community? The answer is they do not.
Thousands of pounds in parking fines have gone into the council's pocket - where are the benefits?
You may also want to watch:
It is a sad state of affairs when a traffic warden earns more than a squaddie in the Army serving in Afghanistan or Iraq.
We care more about traffic wardens and wheel clampers than the people that matter - our soldiers.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 5 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 6 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 7 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
Why are authorities paranoid about parking? It's nothing to do with the law, and it's all down to money.
If we are going to keep our traffic wardens, then let's have a working relationship and work together to make life better for the sake of the community, and increase the number of people who are prepared to shop in Royston.
Newmarket has had one hour's free parking for years, and Ely has four hours' free parking. Get this implemented ASAP and we will see the benefits.