Scheme is better late than never
I welcome the idea of one hour s free parking in Royston town centre. It was probably required 30 years ago, but better late than never. If you make it difficult to sell your product, your business will suffer, but a lot of the time it is out of your hand
I welcome the idea of one hour's free parking in Royston town centre. It was probably required 30 years ago, but better late than never.
If you make it difficult to sell your product, your business will suffer, but a lot of the time it is out of your hands.
Traffic wardens are the biggest "business breakers" around. How do they the benefit the community? The answer is they do not.
Thousands of pounds in parking fines have gone into the council's pocket - where are the benefits?
You may also want to watch:
It is a sad state of affairs when a traffic warden earns more than a squaddie in the Army serving in Afghanistan or Iraq.
We care more about traffic wardens and wheel clampers than the people that matter - our soldiers.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
Why are authorities paranoid about parking? It's nothing to do with the law, and it's all down to money.
If we are going to keep our traffic wardens, then let's have a working relationship and work together to make life better for the sake of the community, and increase the number of people who are prepared to shop in Royston.
Newmarket has had one hour's free parking for years, and Ely has four hours' free parking. Get this implemented ASAP and we will see the benefits.