Scheme is better late than never
I welcome the idea of one hour s free parking in Royston town centre. It was probably required 30 years ago, but better late than never. If you make it difficult to sell your product, your business will suffer, but a lot of the time it is out of your hand
I welcome the idea of one hour's free parking in Royston town centre. It was probably required 30 years ago, but better late than never.
If you make it difficult to sell your product, your business will suffer, but a lot of the time it is out of your hands.
Traffic wardens are the biggest "business breakers" around. How do they the benefit the community? The answer is they do not.
Thousands of pounds in parking fines have gone into the council's pocket - where are the benefits?
It is a sad state of affairs when a traffic warden earns more than a squaddie in the Army serving in Afghanistan or Iraq.
We care more about traffic wardens and wheel clampers than the people that matter - our soldiers.
- 1 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 2 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 3 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 4 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 5 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 8 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
Why are authorities paranoid about parking? It's nothing to do with the law, and it's all down to money.
If we are going to keep our traffic wardens, then let's have a working relationship and work together to make life better for the sake of the community, and increase the number of people who are prepared to shop in Royston.
Newmarket has had one hour's free parking for years, and Ely has four hours' free parking. Get this implemented ASAP and we will see the benefits.