Roysia Women’s Club
Actress and beadworker Eliza McClelland, the author of Traditional Beadworker, explained how to create beadwork pictures on canvas, passing around her projects – cushions, child s collar, toy bag and jewellery roll, and told where to get the beads and how
Actress and beadworker Eliza McClelland, the author of Traditional Beadworker, explained how to create beadwork pictures on canvas, passing around her projects - cushions, child's collar, toy bag and jewellery roll, and told where to get the beads and how to sew them on.
A patchwork quilt she had made from pieces of theatre costumes was on show and her beadwork kits were on sale.
Birthday cards and wishes went to Catherine Proctor, Jan Messenger, Sue Campbell, Hilda Abrams, Moira Paterson, and Marion Porter.
There is one seat left on the mystery trip on June 18, and names and deposits were taken for the Houses of Parliament trip on October 12.
The charity sponsored walk was cancelled because of rain, and will be rearranged.
In the raffle the winners were: first box of plants Ann Cook, second bath oil Rowena Burt, third picture frame Karen Heaton, fourth garden gloves Gloria King.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 4 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 5 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
The next meeting on June 4 will be a plants and books sale.