Roysia Women’s Club
Actress and beadworker Eliza McClelland, the author of Traditional Beadworker, explained how to create beadwork pictures on canvas, passing around her projects – cushions, child s collar, toy bag and jewellery roll, and told where to get the beads and how
Actress and beadworker Eliza McClelland, the author of Traditional Beadworker, explained how to create beadwork pictures on canvas, passing around her projects - cushions, child's collar, toy bag and jewellery roll, and told where to get the beads and how to sew them on.
A patchwork quilt she had made from pieces of theatre costumes was on show and her beadwork kits were on sale.
Birthday cards and wishes went to Catherine Proctor, Jan Messenger, Sue Campbell, Hilda Abrams, Moira Paterson, and Marion Porter.
There is one seat left on the mystery trip on June 18, and names and deposits were taken for the Houses of Parliament trip on October 12.
The charity sponsored walk was cancelled because of rain, and will be rearranged.
In the raffle the winners were: first box of plants Ann Cook, second bath oil Rowena Burt, third picture frame Karen Heaton, fourth garden gloves Gloria King.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
The next meeting on June 4 will be a plants and books sale.