Roysia Women’s Club
Actress and beadworker Eliza McClelland, the author of Traditional Beadworker, explained how to create beadwork pictures on canvas, passing around her projects – cushions, child s collar, toy bag and jewellery roll, and told where to get the beads and how
Actress and beadworker Eliza McClelland, the author of Traditional Beadworker, explained how to create beadwork pictures on canvas, passing around her projects - cushions, child's collar, toy bag and jewellery roll, and told where to get the beads and how to sew them on.
A patchwork quilt she had made from pieces of theatre costumes was on show and her beadwork kits were on sale.
Birthday cards and wishes went to Catherine Proctor, Jan Messenger, Sue Campbell, Hilda Abrams, Moira Paterson, and Marion Porter.
There is one seat left on the mystery trip on June 18, and names and deposits were taken for the Houses of Parliament trip on October 12.
You may also want to watch:
The charity sponsored walk was cancelled because of rain, and will be rearranged.
In the raffle the winners were: first box of plants Ann Cook, second bath oil Rowena Burt, third picture frame Karen Heaton, fourth garden gloves Gloria King.
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 3 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Star turns make Netflix movie Malcolm & Marie 'a real must-see'
- 8 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 9 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
The next meeting on June 4 will be a plants and books sale.