Roysia Women’s Club
Actress and beadworker Eliza McClelland, the author of Traditional Beadworker, explained how to create beadwork pictures on canvas, passing around her projects – cushions, child s collar, toy bag and jewellery roll, and told where to get the beads and how
Actress and beadworker Eliza McClelland, the author of Traditional Beadworker, explained how to create beadwork pictures on canvas, passing around her projects - cushions, child's collar, toy bag and jewellery roll, and told where to get the beads and how to sew them on.
A patchwork quilt she had made from pieces of theatre costumes was on show and her beadwork kits were on sale.
Birthday cards and wishes went to Catherine Proctor, Jan Messenger, Sue Campbell, Hilda Abrams, Moira Paterson, and Marion Porter.
There is one seat left on the mystery trip on June 18, and names and deposits were taken for the Houses of Parliament trip on October 12.
You may also want to watch:
The charity sponsored walk was cancelled because of rain, and will be rearranged.
In the raffle the winners were: first box of plants Ann Cook, second bath oil Rowena Burt, third picture frame Karen Heaton, fourth garden gloves Gloria King.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 4 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
The next meeting on June 4 will be a plants and books sale.