Roysia Women’s Club
Members held a Christmas social evening in which two paper quizzes were played. Marion Smith handed over a donation from a pink rose dinner party for the club s charity of the year, Addenbrooke s breast cancer care unit. Birthday wishes went to Jan Brooke
Members held a Christmas social evening in which two paper quizzes were played.
Marion Smith handed over a donation from a pink rose dinner party for the club's charity of the year, Addenbrooke's breast cancer care unit.
Birthday wishes went to Jan Brookes and Mary Dabnor.
The winners of a raffle for Christmas hampers was won by Carol Town, Mary Smith, Jan Fraser, Sue Campbell, Jackie Brown, Karen Heaton, and Gwen King, and a bottle of wine went to Christine Lewis.
You may also want to watch:
In the evening's raffle the winner was Margaret Baker (bag of toiletries), second Karen Heaton (candles), and third Hilda Adams (handmixer).
The next meeting will be a social evening on January 1.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- Barry Kauffman Wright, a wildlife inspector and environmental consultant for the Department for the Environment, gave members a talk on badgers.
He illustrated his talk with slides and spoke about the protection of badgers and their wellbeing.
A birthday card and wishes went to Bobbie Brewster.
First winner in the evening's raffle was Jackie Brown, who chose preservatives, second Jan Brookes (bottle of wine), third Hilda Abrams (greetings cards), fourth Kathryn Anthony (chocolates), and fifth Jean Messenger (teacloths).