Roysia Women’s Club
Members held a Christmas social evening in which two paper quizzes were played. Marion Smith handed over a donation from a pink rose dinner party for the club s charity of the year, Addenbrooke s breast cancer care unit. Birthday wishes went to Jan Brooke
Members held a Christmas social evening in which two paper quizzes were played.
Marion Smith handed over a donation from a pink rose dinner party for the club's charity of the year, Addenbrooke's breast cancer care unit.
Birthday wishes went to Jan Brookes and Mary Dabnor.
The winners of a raffle for Christmas hampers was won by Carol Town, Mary Smith, Jan Fraser, Sue Campbell, Jackie Brown, Karen Heaton, and Gwen King, and a bottle of wine went to Christine Lewis.
You may also want to watch:
In the evening's raffle the winner was Margaret Baker (bag of toiletries), second Karen Heaton (candles), and third Hilda Adams (handmixer).
The next meeting will be a social evening on January 1.
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 3 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 6 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 7 Star turns make Netflix movie Malcolm & Marie 'a real must-see'
- 8 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 9 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- Barry Kauffman Wright, a wildlife inspector and environmental consultant for the Department for the Environment, gave members a talk on badgers.
He illustrated his talk with slides and spoke about the protection of badgers and their wellbeing.
A birthday card and wishes went to Bobbie Brewster.
First winner in the evening's raffle was Jackie Brown, who chose preservatives, second Jan Brookes (bottle of wine), third Hilda Abrams (greetings cards), fourth Kathryn Anthony (chocolates), and fifth Jean Messenger (teacloths).