Rotary needs charity swimmers
THE Rotary Club of Royston is hoping to raise £7,500 from this year s Swimathon 2008. The event will be taking place at the Royston Leisure Centre on the evenings of October 18-19. Chris Hardy, the club s community service chairman, said: If we can get 3
THE Rotary Club of Royston is hoping to raise £7,500 from this year's Swimathon 2008.
The event will be taking place at the Royston Leisure Centre on the evenings of October 18-19.
Chris Hardy, the club's community service chairman, said: "If we can get 36 teams to take part, we should easily be able to reach our target."
Last year more than £5,000 was raised at the event which led to donations being shared between the East Anglia Children's Hospice, the Meldreth Manor School and Addenbrooke's hospital's paediatric oncology unit, as well as Rotary charities.
You may also want to watch:
The Swimathon is a sponsored swim by teams of six swimmers who have 55 minutes to swim as many lengths as possible.
This year the club is supporting the teenage cancer unit at Addenbrooke's and the CLIC Sargent charity which helps care for young cancer sufferers.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 8 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 9 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
For more details visit www.roystonrotary.com