Roasted vegetables with brown rice
Ingredients 2 red peppers 2 yellow peppers one large aubergine 2 medium onions 6 cloves garlic 3 tbsp olive oil a small bunch each of mint and parsley 175g (7oz) brown rice 1 lemon 1 tsp chilli oil (optional) 4 tbsps olive oil Method PRE-heat the oven to
2 red peppers
2 yellow peppers
one large aubergine
2 medium onions
6 cloves garlic
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
3 tbsp olive oil
a small bunch each of mint and parsley
175g (7oz) brown rice
1 tsp chilli oil (optional)
4 tbsps olive oil
PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200 deg C, 400 deg F.
De-seed and cut the peppers and chop the aubergine into small chunks. Peel the onions and chop roughly. Peel the garlic cloves and leave whole.
Spread out the vegetables in a roasting tin, keeping the garlic separate, and pour over the 3 tbsp olive oil, mix well and season with salt. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until just soft and beginning to char.
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the brown rice. Bring back to the boil, then simmer until the grains are soft, about 15 minutes. Drain well in a fine sieve.
Pour boiling water from a kettle through the rice in the sieve to remove some of the starch and stop the grains sticking together. Drain well and keep warm. Grate the lemon rind and squeeze the juice.
Remove the garlic from the roasted vegetables and purée in a blender with the lemon rind and juice, chilli oil and 4 tbsps olive oil. In a large bowl mix together the roasted vegetables, finely chopped mint and parsley and the brown rice.
Pour over the dressing from the blender, mix again and serve. This dish may be served hot, or cold as a salad.