Roasted vegetables with brown rice
Ingredients 2 red peppers 2 yellow peppers one large aubergine 2 medium onions 6 cloves garlic 3 tbsp olive oil a small bunch each of mint and parsley 175g (7oz) brown rice 1 lemon 1 tsp chilli oil (optional) 4 tbsps olive oil Method PRE-heat the oven to
2 red peppers
2 yellow peppers
one large aubergine
You may also want to watch:
2 medium onions
6 cloves garlic
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 4 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
3 tbsp olive oil
a small bunch each of mint and parsley
175g (7oz) brown rice
1 tsp chilli oil (optional)
4 tbsps olive oil
PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200 deg C, 400 deg F.
De-seed and cut the peppers and chop the aubergine into small chunks. Peel the onions and chop roughly. Peel the garlic cloves and leave whole.
Spread out the vegetables in a roasting tin, keeping the garlic separate, and pour over the 3 tbsp olive oil, mix well and season with salt. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until just soft and beginning to char.
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the brown rice. Bring back to the boil, then simmer until the grains are soft, about 15 minutes. Drain well in a fine sieve.
Pour boiling water from a kettle through the rice in the sieve to remove some of the starch and stop the grains sticking together. Drain well and keep warm. Grate the lemon rind and squeeze the juice.
Remove the garlic from the roasted vegetables and purée in a blender with the lemon rind and juice, chilli oil and 4 tbsps olive oil. In a large bowl mix together the roasted vegetables, finely chopped mint and parsley and the brown rice.
Pour over the dressing from the blender, mix again and serve. This dish may be served hot, or cold as a salad.