Roast pork with sage, onion, and orange gravy
Ingredients 1.4 kg (3lbs) pork roasting joint 25g (1oz) lard small bunch of fresh sage 1 medium orange 1 red onion 1/2 tbsp flour vegetable stock or water salt and pepper Method PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 400 deg F, 200 deg C. Put the lard in a bak
1.4 kg (3lbs) pork roasting joint
25g (1oz) lard
small bunch of fresh sage
1 medium orange
1 red onion
- 1 Royston Scouts raise money to attend jamboree in Korea
- 2 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
- 4 Neighbours set to host Jubilee street party in aid of hospice - and you can too!
- 5 Royston and Heydon Grange lady golfers enjoy tough competitions
- 6 Dallas legend Patrick Duffy set for mystery thriller coming to Cambridge stage
- 7 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 8 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 9 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 10 Where can you see classic steam train Duchess of Sutherland this Friday?
1/2 tbsp flour
vegetable stock or water
salt and pepper
PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 400 deg F, 200 deg C. Put the lard in a baking tin and add the pork joint, sprinkled with salt.
Roast in the hot oven for 11/2 hours, reducing the heat to Gas Mark 4, 350 deg F, 175 deg C, after the first 40 min.
When the pork is done, remove to a hot serving plate and keep warm. Grate the orange peel and squeeze the juice. Chop the onion and sage finely.
Put the baking dish with the pork juices in on the top of the stove, add the flour and work into the pork juices with a tablespoon.
Add the orange juice and grated rind, onion, sage and 3/4 pint of vegetable stock or water, mixing into the flour gradually over medium heat. Bring to the boil and add salt and pepper to taste. When the gravy is well mixed and thickened, remove to a blender and blend until smooth.
Serve hot with the carved meat.