Roast pork with sage, onion, and orange gravy
Ingredients 1.4 kg (3lbs) pork roasting joint 25g (1oz) lard small bunch of fresh sage 1 medium orange 1 red onion 1/2 tbsp flour vegetable stock or water salt and pepper Method PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 400 deg F, 200 deg C. Put the lard in a bak
1.4 kg (3lbs) pork roasting joint
25g (1oz) lard
small bunch of fresh sage
You may also want to watch:
1 medium orange
1 red onion
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden
1/2 tbsp flour
vegetable stock or water
salt and pepper
PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 400 deg F, 200 deg C. Put the lard in a baking tin and add the pork joint, sprinkled with salt.
Roast in the hot oven for 11/2 hours, reducing the heat to Gas Mark 4, 350 deg F, 175 deg C, after the first 40 min.
When the pork is done, remove to a hot serving plate and keep warm. Grate the orange peel and squeeze the juice. Chop the onion and sage finely.
Put the baking dish with the pork juices in on the top of the stove, add the flour and work into the pork juices with a tablespoon.
Add the orange juice and grated rind, onion, sage and 3/4 pint of vegetable stock or water, mixing into the flour gradually over medium heat. Bring to the boil and add salt and pepper to taste. When the gravy is well mixed and thickened, remove to a blender and blend until smooth.
Serve hot with the carved meat.