Roast pork with sage, onion, and orange gravy
Ingredients 1.4 kg (3lbs) pork roasting joint 25g (1oz) lard small bunch of fresh sage 1 medium orange 1 red onion 1/2 tbsp flour vegetable stock or water salt and pepper Method PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 400 deg F, 200 deg C. Put the lard in a bak
1.4 kg (3lbs) pork roasting joint
25g (1oz) lard
small bunch of fresh sage
1 medium orange
1 red onion
- 1 Businessman talks overcoming mental health struggles and drug addiction
- 2 Advice to residents as COVID-19 cases spike in Royston
- 3 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 4 Garden centre introduces quiet grottos for children with autism
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Happy Mondays to open 2022 UK tour with Cambridge Corn Exchange date
- 7 Passenger, Seasick Steve and Suzanne Vega among first acts announced for Cambridge Folk Festival 2022
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 10 Royston town mayor praises community spirit in Christmas message
1/2 tbsp flour
vegetable stock or water
salt and pepper
PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 400 deg F, 200 deg C. Put the lard in a baking tin and add the pork joint, sprinkled with salt.
Roast in the hot oven for 11/2 hours, reducing the heat to Gas Mark 4, 350 deg F, 175 deg C, after the first 40 min.
When the pork is done, remove to a hot serving plate and keep warm. Grate the orange peel and squeeze the juice. Chop the onion and sage finely.
Put the baking dish with the pork juices in on the top of the stove, add the flour and work into the pork juices with a tablespoon.
Add the orange juice and grated rind, onion, sage and 3/4 pint of vegetable stock or water, mixing into the flour gradually over medium heat. Bring to the boil and add salt and pepper to taste. When the gravy is well mixed and thickened, remove to a blender and blend until smooth.
Serve hot with the carved meat.