Roast pork with sage, onion, and orange gravy
Ingredients 1.4 kg (3lbs) pork roasting joint 25g (1oz) lard small bunch of fresh sage 1 medium orange 1 red onion 1/2 tbsp flour vegetable stock or water salt and pepper Method PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 400 deg F, 200 deg C. Put the lard in a bak
1.4 kg (3lbs) pork roasting joint
25g (1oz) lard
small bunch of fresh sage
You may also want to watch:
1 medium orange
1 red onion
- 1 Lorry driver's dismay as 'booming' station announcements keep him awake after night work
- 2 Young archaeologist Jake's delight at historic heath find
- 3 Adopt a street and keep it clean by joining Royston Wombles scheme
- 4 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 5 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 6 Royston Cricket Club gearing up for a very busy season
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 Arts Society's members' exhibition set to be 'biggest online show yet'
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
1/2 tbsp flour
vegetable stock or water
salt and pepper
PRE-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 400 deg F, 200 deg C. Put the lard in a baking tin and add the pork joint, sprinkled with salt.
Roast in the hot oven for 11/2 hours, reducing the heat to Gas Mark 4, 350 deg F, 175 deg C, after the first 40 min.
When the pork is done, remove to a hot serving plate and keep warm. Grate the orange peel and squeeze the juice. Chop the onion and sage finely.
Put the baking dish with the pork juices in on the top of the stove, add the flour and work into the pork juices with a tablespoon.
Add the orange juice and grated rind, onion, sage and 3/4 pint of vegetable stock or water, mixing into the flour gradually over medium heat. Bring to the boil and add salt and pepper to taste. When the gravy is well mixed and thickened, remove to a blender and blend until smooth.
Serve hot with the carved meat.