Roast pork with prune and herb stuffing
Ingredients A leg of pork joint for roasting, about 1.75kg (3? lbs) 50g (2oz) fresh white breadcrumbs 6 large stoned prunes fresh herbs, including sage and parsley 2 shallots 25g (1oz) butter 1 tbsp sweet sherry 25g (1oz) lard, salt and pepper Method Thi
A leg of pork joint for roasting, about 1.75kg (3? lbs)
50g (2oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
6 large stoned prunes
You may also want to watch:
fresh herbs, including sage and parsley
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
25g (1oz) butter
1 tbsp sweet sherry
25g (1oz) lard, salt and pepper
This is a stuffing recipe which gives the pork a touch of sweetness. If you buy a joint of leg of pork ready tied, you should be able to cut the string, add the stuffing and re-tie the joint.
Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200deg C, 400 deg F.
Cut the prunes into small pieces and chop the herbs roughly. Mix the breadcrumbs with the prunes and herbs. Chop the shallots into small pieces and fry gently in the butter until softening, then add to the breadcrumbs mixture. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the sherry.
Untie the joint, spoon the stuffing into the centre and re-tie firmly. Put the lard into a roasting tin and put the joint on top. Roast in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes, then turn the heat down to Gas Mark 4, 175 deg C, 340 deg F for one-and-a-half hours, or until the joint is well cooked through.