Roast chicken with juniper berries and white wine
Ingredients 1 free-range chicken 6 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 2 garlic cloves, chopped 5 fresh sage leaves, chopped 2 tbsp juniper berries, crushed 1 lemon salt and pepper 4 fl oz dry white wine Method: Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C/350
1 free-range chicken
6 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
You may also want to watch:
2 garlic cloves, chopped
5 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 3 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 9 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 10 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
2 tbsp juniper berries, crushed
salt and pepper
4 fl oz dry white wine
Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C/350 deg F/Gas Mark 4.
Brush the chicken well with olive oil.
In a small bowl mix the herbs and juniper berries with a little salt and pepper. Rub the chicken inside and out with this mixture. Cut the lemon in half and place inside the chicken. Pour the rest of the oil into a roasting pan and add the chicken. Transfer to the oven and roast for 11/2 hours, basting frequently.
Remove the tin from the oven and transfer the chicken to a hot serving dish - keep warm.
Skim any fat from the juices, add the white wine and a little water, scraping the pan well over a moderate heat. Add salt to taste and stir well.
Carve the chicken and serve with the sauce poured over.