Roast chicken with juniper berries and white wine
Ingredients 1 free-range chicken 6 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 2 garlic cloves, chopped 5 fresh sage leaves, chopped 2 tbsp juniper berries, crushed 1 lemon salt and pepper 4 fl oz dry white wine Method: Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C/350
1 free-range chicken
6 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
You may also want to watch:
2 garlic cloves, chopped
5 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 7 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 8 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 9 Aspiring young photographers take part in 'wild nature' competition
- 10 £100m from This Land could be 'Never Land'
2 tbsp juniper berries, crushed
salt and pepper
4 fl oz dry white wine
Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C/350 deg F/Gas Mark 4.
Brush the chicken well with olive oil.
In a small bowl mix the herbs and juniper berries with a little salt and pepper. Rub the chicken inside and out with this mixture. Cut the lemon in half and place inside the chicken. Pour the rest of the oil into a roasting pan and add the chicken. Transfer to the oven and roast for 11/2 hours, basting frequently.
Remove the tin from the oven and transfer the chicken to a hot serving dish - keep warm.
Skim any fat from the juices, add the white wine and a little water, scraping the pan well over a moderate heat. Add salt to taste and stir well.
Carve the chicken and serve with the sauce poured over.