Roast chicken with juniper berries and white wine
Ingredients 1 free-range chicken 6 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 2 garlic cloves, chopped 5 fresh sage leaves, chopped 2 tbsp juniper berries, crushed 1 lemon salt and pepper 4 fl oz dry white wine Method: Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C/350
1 free-range chicken
6 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
2 garlic cloves, chopped
5 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 6 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 9 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 10 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
2 tbsp juniper berries, crushed
salt and pepper
4 fl oz dry white wine
Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C/350 deg F/Gas Mark 4.
Brush the chicken well with olive oil.
In a small bowl mix the herbs and juniper berries with a little salt and pepper. Rub the chicken inside and out with this mixture. Cut the lemon in half and place inside the chicken. Pour the rest of the oil into a roasting pan and add the chicken. Transfer to the oven and roast for 11/2 hours, basting frequently.
Remove the tin from the oven and transfer the chicken to a hot serving dish - keep warm.
Skim any fat from the juices, add the white wine and a little water, scraping the pan well over a moderate heat. Add salt to taste and stir well.
Carve the chicken and serve with the sauce poured over.