Roast chicken with juniper berries and white wine
Ingredients 1 free-range chicken 6 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 2 garlic cloves, chopped 5 fresh sage leaves, chopped 2 tbsp juniper berries, crushed 1 lemon salt and pepper 4 fl oz dry white wine Method: Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C/350
1 free-range chicken
6 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
You may also want to watch:
2 garlic cloves, chopped
5 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
2 tbsp juniper berries, crushed
salt and pepper
4 fl oz dry white wine
Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C/350 deg F/Gas Mark 4.
Brush the chicken well with olive oil.
In a small bowl mix the herbs and juniper berries with a little salt and pepper. Rub the chicken inside and out with this mixture. Cut the lemon in half and place inside the chicken. Pour the rest of the oil into a roasting pan and add the chicken. Transfer to the oven and roast for 11/2 hours, basting frequently.
Remove the tin from the oven and transfer the chicken to a hot serving dish - keep warm.
Skim any fat from the juices, add the white wine and a little water, scraping the pan well over a moderate heat. Add salt to taste and stir well.
Carve the chicken and serve with the sauce poured over.