Roast chicken with juniper berries and white wine
Ingredients 1 free-range chicken 6 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 2 garlic cloves, chopped 5 fresh sage leaves, chopped 2 tbsp juniper berries, crushed 1 lemon salt and pepper 4 fl oz dry white wine Method: Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C/350
1 free-range chicken
6 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
You may also want to watch:
2 garlic cloves, chopped
5 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 4 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
2 tbsp juniper berries, crushed
salt and pepper
4 fl oz dry white wine
Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C/350 deg F/Gas Mark 4.
Brush the chicken well with olive oil.
In a small bowl mix the herbs and juniper berries with a little salt and pepper. Rub the chicken inside and out with this mixture. Cut the lemon in half and place inside the chicken. Pour the rest of the oil into a roasting pan and add the chicken. Transfer to the oven and roast for 11/2 hours, basting frequently.
Remove the tin from the oven and transfer the chicken to a hot serving dish - keep warm.
Skim any fat from the juices, add the white wine and a little water, scraping the pan well over a moderate heat. Add salt to taste and stir well.
Carve the chicken and serve with the sauce poured over.