Risotto with cabbage
Ingredients 1 medium-sized Savoy cabbage 4 fl oz olive oil 1 large onion 2 canned tomatoes 200g (7oz) arborio/risotto rice 5 tbsps grated parmesan cheese salt to taste Method THIS is a really delicious dish, but quite filling. Ideal with chops or
1 medium-sized Savoy cabbage
4 fl oz olive oil
1 large onion
You may also want to watch:
2 canned tomatoes
200g (7oz) arborio/risotto rice
- 1 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 3 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 4 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 5 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 6 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 7 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 8 £100m from This Land could be 'Never Land'
- 9 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Royston
5 tbsps grated parmesan cheese
salt to taste
THIS is a really delicious dish, but quite filling. Ideal with chops or as a vegetarian dish. Serves 4.
Shred the cabbage finely, peel and chop the onion and chop the tomatoes.
Fry together in the olive oil in a large saucepan for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
Add a little boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring, until the cabbage is nearly cooked. When the cabbage is soft, add boiling water to cover it, stir in the rice and cook slowly over low heat for about 15 minutes, adding more boiling water as necessary as the rice absorbs it, and stirring from time to time.
Add salt to taste and simmer until the rice is soft. Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the parmesan cheese.
Serve at once.