Risotto with cabbage
Ingredients 1 medium-sized Savoy cabbage 4 fl oz olive oil 1 large onion 2 canned tomatoes 200g (7oz) arborio/risotto rice 5 tbsps grated parmesan cheese salt to taste Method THIS is a really delicious dish, but quite filling. Ideal with chops or
1 medium-sized Savoy cabbage
4 fl oz olive oil
1 large onion
You may also want to watch:
2 canned tomatoes
200g (7oz) arborio/risotto rice
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 9 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 10 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
5 tbsps grated parmesan cheese
salt to taste
THIS is a really delicious dish, but quite filling. Ideal with chops or as a vegetarian dish. Serves 4.
Shred the cabbage finely, peel and chop the onion and chop the tomatoes.
Fry together in the olive oil in a large saucepan for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
Add a little boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring, until the cabbage is nearly cooked. When the cabbage is soft, add boiling water to cover it, stir in the rice and cook slowly over low heat for about 15 minutes, adding more boiling water as necessary as the rice absorbs it, and stirring from time to time.
Add salt to taste and simmer until the rice is soft. Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the parmesan cheese.
Serve at once.