Risotto with cabbage
Ingredients 1 medium-sized Savoy cabbage 4 fl oz olive oil 1 large onion 2 canned tomatoes 200g (7oz) arborio/risotto rice 5 tbsps grated parmesan cheese salt to taste Method THIS is a really delicious dish, but quite filling. Ideal with chops or
1 medium-sized Savoy cabbage
4 fl oz olive oil
1 large onion
You may also want to watch:
2 canned tomatoes
200g (7oz) arborio/risotto rice
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 9 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
5 tbsps grated parmesan cheese
salt to taste
THIS is a really delicious dish, but quite filling. Ideal with chops or as a vegetarian dish. Serves 4.
Shred the cabbage finely, peel and chop the onion and chop the tomatoes.
Fry together in the olive oil in a large saucepan for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
Add a little boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring, until the cabbage is nearly cooked. When the cabbage is soft, add boiling water to cover it, stir in the rice and cook slowly over low heat for about 15 minutes, adding more boiling water as necessary as the rice absorbs it, and stirring from time to time.
Add salt to taste and simmer until the rice is soft. Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the parmesan cheese.
Serve at once.