Residents need to work together
FIRSTLY, I would like to say well done to The Crow for allowing the residents of Royston to open a dialogue about the saving of our town. My wife and I live in Orchard Way and every time we approach our home – with the Johnson Matthey building towering o
FIRSTLY, I would like to say well done to The Crow for allowing the residents of Royston to open a dialogue about the saving of our town.
My wife and I live in Orchard Way and every time we approach our home - with the Johnson Matthey building towering over the houses - we are reminded how little the planning authorities and the council care about the residents of Royston.
We feel trapped because our house has become much less desirable since the expansion of JM and has lost many thousands of pounds in value.
It was implied that maybe Green Drift benefited from being in the southern end of Royston, but I feel if you look deeper into their campaign it could have more to do with the residents working together in numbers as did the villagers in Barkway regarding the proposed gypsy site.
You may also want to watch:
The residents here need to act together and a good place to start is with the unacceptable noise levels.
There is an environmental hotline (0800 80 70 60) where you can register a complaint.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 3 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 6 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 7 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 10 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
In numbers we can make a difference.
The website at www.jlb-sysdev.co.uk is worth a visit, too.
Orchard Way, Royston