Report from the Front - The Great War diary of Jack Halstead
JACK S WAR OFFER You can can save by taking this coupon to the Royston & District Museum and purchasing YOUR copy of Jack s War for £15 - This coupon is only valid for a purchase of Jack s War at the Royston Museum - The usual price of Jack s War is £19.
JACK'S WAR OFFER
You can can save by taking this coupon to the Royston & District Museum and purchasing YOUR copy of Jack's War for £15
- This coupon is only valid for a
purchase of Jack's War at the Royston Museum
You may also want to watch:
- The usual price of Jack's War is £19.95
- We cleaned up our tools and at 8.30pm we started for the line.
- 1 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 2 Extremely concerning incidents reported in Kneesworth House Hospital documentary
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 10 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
Position was at Templean. Pits for our two guns had been prepared and with the help of the remainder of Battery, we hauled the guns up the bank into the pits.
It was too dark to see what the position was like.
- July 20, 1917
- As to the position, it was fine. The whole six guns were in a garden on the south side of the village. Ten yards between each gun.
They had prepared quite a good pit for the gun with sand-bag walls.
The gun stood on top of the ground with a wall round, and earthed up outside.
We had been provided with new camorflage.
This was string netting covered with pieces of coloured sack.
- July 21, 1917