Report from the Front - The Great War diary of Jack Halstead
JACK S WAR OFFER You can can save by taking this coupon to the Royston & District Museum and purchasing YOUR copy of Jack s War for £15 - This coupon is only valid for a purchase of Jack s War at the Royston Museum - The usual price of Jack s War is £19.
JACK'S WAR OFFER
You can can save by taking this coupon to the Royston & District Museum and purchasing YOUR copy of Jack's War for £15
- This coupon is only valid for a
purchase of Jack's War at the Royston Museum
You may also want to watch:
- The usual price of Jack's War is £19.95
- We cleaned up our tools and at 8.30pm we started for the line.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 3 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 5 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 6 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 7 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 8 Have your say at virtual town meeting
- 9 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 10 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
Position was at Templean. Pits for our two guns had been prepared and with the help of the remainder of Battery, we hauled the guns up the bank into the pits.
It was too dark to see what the position was like.
- July 20, 1917
- As to the position, it was fine. The whole six guns were in a garden on the south side of the village. Ten yards between each gun.
They had prepared quite a good pit for the gun with sand-bag walls.
The gun stood on top of the ground with a wall round, and earthed up outside.
We had been provided with new camorflage.
This was string netting covered with pieces of coloured sack.
- July 21, 1917