Report from the Front - The Great War diary of Jack Halstead
JACK S WAR OFFER You can can save by taking this coupon to the Royston & District Museum and purchasing YOUR copy of Jack s War for £15 - This coupon is only valid for a purchase of Jack s War at the Royston Museum - The usual price of Jack s War is £19.
JACK'S WAR OFFER
You can can save by taking this coupon to the Royston & District Museum and purchasing YOUR copy of Jack's War for £15
- This coupon is only valid for a
purchase of Jack's War at the Royston Museum
You may also want to watch:
- The usual price of Jack's War is £19.95
- We cleaned up our tools and at 8.30pm we started for the line.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 6 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 8 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Candidates in North Herts prepare to stand for county council elections
Position was at Templean. Pits for our two guns had been prepared and with the help of the remainder of Battery, we hauled the guns up the bank into the pits.
It was too dark to see what the position was like.
- July 20, 1917
- As to the position, it was fine. The whole six guns were in a garden on the south side of the village. Ten yards between each gun.
They had prepared quite a good pit for the gun with sand-bag walls.
The gun stood on top of the ground with a wall round, and earthed up outside.
We had been provided with new camorflage.
This was string netting covered with pieces of coloured sack.
- July 21, 1917