Report from the Front - The Great War diary of Jack Halstead
JACK S WAR OFFER You can can save by taking this coupon to the Royston & District Museum and purchasing YOUR copy of Jack s War for £15 - This coupon is only valid for a purchase of Jack s War at the Royston Museum - The usual price of Jack s War is £19.9
JACK'S WAR OFFER
You can can save by taking this coupon to the Royston & District Museum and purchasing YOUR copy of Jack's War for £15
- This coupon is only valid for a purchase of Jack's War at the Royston Museum
- The usual price of Jack's War is £19.95
You may also want to watch:
- We started off early. As to artillery on the march: people have the idea that it was quite a pleasure for a gunner when on the road. Riding all the while - well it was not so. Not in the 59th division.
The horses were not to be "overworked". It was seldom that a gunner was allowed to ride. It was our lot to plod along behind then gun or wagon as the case might be.
- 1 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
Sometimes the column would be moving at a "dead march" pace, at other times at a trot or nearly so.
This irregular pace is far more tiring that a straight-forward march.
Still no need to relate that we many a time perched ourselves on the gun trail. This being when the "coast was clear".
- July 18, 1917