Report from the Front - The Great War diary of Jack Halstead
JACK S WAR OFFER You can can save by taking this coupon to the Royston & District Museum and purchasing YOUR copy of Jack s War for £15 - This coupon is only valid for a purchase of Jack s War at the Royston Museum - The usual price of Jack s War is £19.9
JACK'S WAR OFFER
You can can save by taking this coupon to the Royston & District Museum and purchasing YOUR copy of Jack's War for £15
- This coupon is only valid for a purchase of Jack's War at the Royston Museum
- The usual price of Jack's War is £19.95
You may also want to watch:
- We started off early. As to artillery on the march: people have the idea that it was quite a pleasure for a gunner when on the road. Riding all the while - well it was not so. Not in the 59th division.
The horses were not to be "overworked". It was seldom that a gunner was allowed to ride. It was our lot to plod along behind then gun or wagon as the case might be.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
Sometimes the column would be moving at a "dead march" pace, at other times at a trot or nearly so.
This irregular pace is far more tiring that a straight-forward march.
Still no need to relate that we many a time perched ourselves on the gun trail. This being when the "coast was clear".
- July 18, 1917