Report from the Front - The Great War diary of Jack Halstead
JACK S WAR OFFER You can can save by taking this coupon to the Royston & District Museum and purchasing YOUR copy of Jack s War for £15 - This coupon is only valid for a purchase of Jack s War at the Royston Museum - The usual price of Jack s War is £19.9
JACK'S WAR OFFER
You can can save by taking this coupon to the Royston & District Museum and purchasing YOUR copy of Jack's War for £15
- This coupon is only valid for a purchase of Jack's War at the Royston Museum
- The usual price of Jack's War is £19.95
You may also want to watch:
- We started off early. As to artillery on the march: people have the idea that it was quite a pleasure for a gunner when on the road. Riding all the while - well it was not so. Not in the 59th division.
The horses were not to be "overworked". It was seldom that a gunner was allowed to ride. It was our lot to plod along behind then gun or wagon as the case might be.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
Sometimes the column would be moving at a "dead march" pace, at other times at a trot or nearly so.
This irregular pace is far more tiring that a straight-forward march.
Still no need to relate that we many a time perched ourselves on the gun trail. This being when the "coast was clear".
- July 18, 1917