Raspberry and blackberry tart
Ingredients: 150g (6oz) plain flour 3oz (75g) unsalted butter 125g (5oz) caster sugar vanilla essence 750g (1 1/2lb) raspberries and blackberries, mixed 2 eggs 1/2 tbsp cornflour 200ml single cream 1 tbsp Kirsch or raspberry liqueur (optional) MAKE the p
150g (6oz) plain flour
3oz (75g) unsalted butter
125g (5oz) caster sugar
750g (1 1/2lb) raspberries and blackberries, mixed
- 1 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
1/2 tbsp cornflour
200ml single cream
1 tbsp Kirsch or raspberry liqueur (optional)
MAKE the pastry by sieving the flour into a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Stir in 25g (1oz) of caster sugar, the mix with a little ice-cold water and 2 drops of vanilla essence until you have a firm dough. Knead lightly until smooth and chill for 30 minutes.
Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6, 200 deg C, 400 deg F.
Roll the pastry out on a floured board and use to line a greased 20cm (8 inch) round flan or tart tin. Prick the base of the tart with a fork. Fill with foil and baking beans and bake blind in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and baking beans and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
Turn down the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180 deg C, 350 deg F.
Cool the tart and fill with the fruit. Sprinkle on 75g (3oz) caster sugar. In a bowl, beat very well together the eggs, the rest of the sugar and cornflour, then stir in the cream and the liqueur.
Pour over the tart and bake in the centre of the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the custard is set. Enough for six servings.