Rail underpass will bring problems
As reported in last weeks Crow, students demonstrated the difference a rail underpass will make to the distance they have to walk to school. Nobody said what the difference will be. Minimal I would say, more a convenience. It has not been a safety issue f
As reported in last weeks Crow, students demonstrated the difference a rail underpass will make to the distance they have to walk to school. Nobody said what the difference will be. Minimal I would say, more a convenience.
It has not been a safety issue for a number of years, since Network Rail increased the height and security of the fencing.
The ill conceived and very expensive crossing will create problems for all the people living in the vicinity. Anti-social problems immediately spring to mind, plus street lighting and all the other issues that go with pedestrian access that is used 24-hours a day in what used to be an unused, dead end, quiet lane at the rear of our houses.
Not only that, the council now tell me they will take one and half metres of my rear garden to facilitate this scheme. I have lived in my property for 32 years, worked hard, brought up a family, paid my taxes and for the upkeep of my property. For 25 of those years I struggled to pay my mortgage. Fair? I don't think so!
You may also want to watch:
As for Cllr Stuart Pile stating this crossing will make it convenient for children not having to walk so far to school, what about mine and the other residents' convenience that will be seriously affected, not least by making our homes virtually unsellable.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event