Rail underpass will bring problems
As reported in last weeks Crow, students demonstrated the difference a rail underpass will make to the distance they have to walk to school. Nobody said what the difference will be. Minimal I would say, more a convenience. It has not been a safety issue f
As reported in last weeks Crow, students demonstrated the difference a rail underpass will make to the distance they have to walk to school. Nobody said what the difference will be. Minimal I would say, more a convenience.
It has not been a safety issue for a number of years, since Network Rail increased the height and security of the fencing.
The ill conceived and very expensive crossing will create problems for all the people living in the vicinity. Anti-social problems immediately spring to mind, plus street lighting and all the other issues that go with pedestrian access that is used 24-hours a day in what used to be an unused, dead end, quiet lane at the rear of our houses.
Not only that, the council now tell me they will take one and half metres of my rear garden to facilitate this scheme. I have lived in my property for 32 years, worked hard, brought up a family, paid my taxes and for the upkeep of my property. For 25 of those years I struggled to pay my mortgage. Fair? I don't think so!
You may also want to watch:
As for Cllr Stuart Pile stating this crossing will make it convenient for children not having to walk so far to school, what about mine and the other residents' convenience that will be seriously affected, not least by making our homes virtually unsellable.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 4 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 5 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 6 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?