Pull out the stops to see Carlo
THE Pavarotti of organ music is giving a recital at a local church. Carlo Curley, so dubbed by the classical music press, will be playing at St Helena and St Mary s Church, Bourn, on Saturday 5 September. American organist Mr Curley is one of the few pe
THE "Pavarotti of organ music" is giving a recital at a local church.
Carlo Curley, so dubbed by the classical music press, will be playing at St Helena and St Mary's Church, Bourn, on Saturday 5 September.
American organist Mr Curley is one of the few performers of organ music in the world to support himself exclusively by giving concerts and recitals.
A pupil of legendary organist Virgil Fox, he was the first classical organist to perform a solo organ recital at the White House, and he has also played before several European heads of state.
You may also want to watch:
He tours extensively throughout the world, and has garnered a large and loyal following, who regularly organise trips to concerts throughout England and abroad.
There are a number of high quality organs in this area, including the notable four-manual and pedal Harrison and Harrison organ at Kings College, Cambridge. Popular free recitals are held at Kings every Saturday during term time, and organisers of the Bourn concert are hoping to attract many of the organ fans from the region.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 10 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
Mr Curley will be playing a 2 manual, 45 stop Allen Digital organ at the concert, which begins at 5pm at St Helena and St Mary Church, Bourn, on Saturday September 5.
Tickets cost �12.50 and �10, are sure to be popular. For more information, or to pre-book, contact the organisers on 01954 718221 or 01954 718504.