Pull out the stops to see Carlo
THE Pavarotti of organ music is giving a recital at a local church. Carlo Curley, so dubbed by the classical music press, will be playing at St Helena and St Mary s Church, Bourn, on Saturday 5 September. American organist Mr Curley is one of the few pe
THE "Pavarotti of organ music" is giving a recital at a local church.
Carlo Curley, so dubbed by the classical music press, will be playing at St Helena and St Mary's Church, Bourn, on Saturday 5 September.
American organist Mr Curley is one of the few performers of organ music in the world to support himself exclusively by giving concerts and recitals.
A pupil of legendary organist Virgil Fox, he was the first classical organist to perform a solo organ recital at the White House, and he has also played before several European heads of state.
You may also want to watch:
He tours extensively throughout the world, and has garnered a large and loyal following, who regularly organise trips to concerts throughout England and abroad.
There are a number of high quality organs in this area, including the notable four-manual and pedal Harrison and Harrison organ at Kings College, Cambridge. Popular free recitals are held at Kings every Saturday during term time, and organisers of the Bourn concert are hoping to attract many of the organ fans from the region.
- 1 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man seriously injured in three-car crash between Barley and Royston
Mr Curley will be playing a 2 manual, 45 stop Allen Digital organ at the concert, which begins at 5pm at St Helena and St Mary Church, Bourn, on Saturday September 5.
Tickets cost �12.50 and �10, are sure to be popular. For more information, or to pre-book, contact the organisers on 01954 718221 or 01954 718504.