Prosecution threat creates absurd situation
YOUR report in Editor at Large last week really does show the absurd situation we saw at this year s Royston May Fayre. Although not aware of the situation at the time, it does seem ridiculous when one council, in this case North Herts District Council, i
YOUR report in Editor at Large last week really does show the absurd situation we saw at this year's Royston May Fayre.
Although not aware of the situation at the time, it does seem ridiculous when one council, in this case North Herts District Council, is considering prosecuting another council, Royston Town Council, for displaying a sign.
All right, it may have been in the wrong place, but it does not take much for a quiet word to be had with those organising the event to ensure that there is no breaking of the law.
That really is all that was needed.
You may also want to watch:
And also the point made about fly posting not being pursued with prosecutions concerning people who really are breaking the law seems to sum up the whole episode.
NAME & ADDRESS SUPPLIED
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 4 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 5 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 6 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 7 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 8 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?